Which mobo ?? MSI or Biostar ??

Mike160

Limp Gawd
I'm in the process of planning an upgrade... BOTH of these boards seem great but I'd like to hear your guys/girls opinions on which one to purchase, I can't decide !!

Biostar -
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813138264

MSI -
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130041

I like the biostar board and its gotten great reviews on the egg, I remember Biostar not being that great in the past and i've always had good luck with MSI, Hence the confusion.

Your input is welcome...

i have had a couple tforce 6100's, in fact i just sold one on the fs/ft forum. its a really nice board, good oc, but a little shy on features. i dont know much about msi, i havent used one of their boards in years, but i always had bad luck with them. always seemed to be a glitch, or some key bios feature did not work. check out the sff forum here. there is a huge thread about the tforce board.

I have 2 of the skt 754 boards and 1 skt 939 board. They worked right out of the box. I haven't had any problems at all. I'd reccomend them to anyone.

I've used quite a few s939 6150 boards (including the Biostar and MSI) and keep going back to the Foxconn 6150K8MA board for its stability and the fact it does overclock really well. Had real issues with my tforce inc poor build quality but experienced non of this with the foxconn. Just my 2p

I got the Biostar Tforce 6100 for my 754 2 months ago. I just ran everything at stock (which was probably a waste considering the Biostar options), but it ran fine. I did have a Biostar board fail on me 3 years ago which left a sour taste in my mouth. But the Newegg reviews and some good things I heard from this site drew me into buying it.

Alas, I ended up selling it to go for the X2's price drops. I didn't want the 939 version of the Biostar so I went with Foxconn's mATX nForce offering instead (with 6100 IGP).

Both are mATX because I threw it in a Micro Fly.

Firelord said:
I've used quite a few s939 6150 boards (including the Biostar and MSI) and keep going back to the Foxconn 6150K8MA board for its stability and the fact it does overclock really well. Had real issues with my tforce inc poor build quality but experienced non of this with the foxconn. Just my 2p
Build quality?

Foxconn/winfast uses third tier shit componets in the VRM on most AMD boards...

i've always had good luck with MSI, thought I haven't owned one since i was running a 1.3ghz t-bird.

on that same note, i've built three or four computers with biostar boards and have never had problems that a BIOS flash or reset didn't fix when installing. thought i've never had to live with them as i've never built using biostar for my own use.

Another vote for the Biostar. Not that the MSI board is bad, but the biostar is probably better this time around. If you're OCing...Biostar for sure.

Back