Which one?

• Wii

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Playstation Move

Votes: 25 34.2%
  • Xbox Kinect

Votes: 37 50.7%

• Total voters
Ugh god, another one of these, just in a slightly different form.

You should have had a "lolwaggle" option.

Contrary to popular belief, most people don't have more than one console, fewer all of them, and lesser still that have purchased both Move and Kinect. You aren't going to get a fair evaluation as people generally will just choose which they have or whichever other people have convinced them is best.

I have a Move. I have a 360 but have not seen anything worth a damn with Kinect to make me go buy it. I have played it quite a few times at my relatives places and instore.

Frankly I choose the Move simply because Sony is integrating it into the majority of their A+ games. It also has more options other than just Rail games and Dancing games.

To be honest I bought Move for Sorcery, LBP2, and SOCOM.

Of course this could change if MS made a new controller for Kinect games and started doing something other than shovelware.

Contrary to popular belief, most people don't have more than one console, fewer all of them, and lesser still that have purchased both Move and Kinect. You aren't going to get a fair evaluation as people generally will just choose which they have or whichever other people have convinced them is best.

Yea i didnt think of that when i made the thread. I fail.

I'm a PS3 owner myself and from my experiences I'd say the Kinect is better. From my usage of it (mind you - only demo models in the stores) the move system was basically a desperate "look I can do this motion stuff too!" move trying to capitalize on the Wii's motion control success. Actually, to me the usage of the Wii and Move felt incredibly similar.

I think the Kinect has a much better implementation, and the things people have done customizing the Kinect so far have been impressive to say the least. This clearly demonstrates how versatile the technology actually is.

That said I think the motion control show down is good for us and I hope it brings some further innovations to the market.

i just picked up an xbox 4gb kinect bundle 3-4 days ago. definitly get the kinect sports game. very impressive even though the gameplay is simple enough that ust about anyone can play them. i was playing it to make sure it actually worked well enough to keep it, and im very happy with it. i broke it out this week instead of waiting for christmas and the kids are loving it. dance central is also a very good game to get for kinect.
didnt even have the console 2 days before i added my own laptop drive to upgrade it lol. works great and saved $100 on the over priced ms drive.

I have a Move. I have a 360 but have not seen anything worth a damn with Kinect to make me go buy it. I have played it quite a few times at my relatives places and instore.

Frankly I choose the Move simply because Sony is integrating it into the majority of their A+ games. It also has more options other than just Rail games and Dancing games.

To be honest I bought Move for Sorcery, LBP2, and SOCOM.

Of course this could change if MS made a new controller for Kinect games and started doing something other than shovelware.

apparently there will be some hybrid kinect games coming in the future....
ps3 is a nice machine and has its pluses, but you still have to hold onto your 2 dildos to play...i am surprised sony didnt go the full 3d cam method before ms made the kinect. i can see sony making their own version of this in the near future. i am by no means a console gamer and in testing both units at stores i found the kinect to be more enjoyable with a lower learning curve. i think in some cases you really should have some sort of control device in your hand just for the feel of it (ie golf), so kinect isnt perfect, but it sure is damn fun.

Having played with all 3 for a fair amount of time, the Kinect is far more fun and impressive technology. All 3 are great and do a great service to expanding the hobby to new consumers and further progressing social acceptance of gaming worldwide.

Everyone will have a different opinion, Kinect makes both Wii and Move feel like motion 1.0.

Where is the "None of the above" option???

It certainly isn't the Post Reply button.

I own all 3 and would have to give it to the kinect for right now. I think in the long run I'll prefer the move as long as there are more games for it. Kinect is great for when you have people over since you don't need any extra controllers.

I have PS3 w/Move & XBOX 360 w/Kinect.

PS3 is my Blue Ray player/Netflix....
I bought Move for Shooters like Time Crisis, The Shoot, RSE5 & Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011 (better gun attachments coming in Feb when Killzone 3 comes out).

I love Kung-Fu live that only needs the PS3 Eye camera (you are the controller - you see yourself in a Kung-Fu side scroller game)

Xbox 360 Kinect is really nice I enjoyed Adventures & Sports hands free (Boxing is my Fav)

Playstation seems more Adult, thankfully they your not stuck with cartoon XBOX land navigation.
(I really hate it, but MS know it's customer base is youngsters and sucker Mom & Dad paying for their kids yearly subscriptions)

Last edited:
As this thread doesn't seem to have degenerated as initially expected, I'll add a random observation... have had a few parties over the xmas period so far and Kinect has won hands down in that environment so far. There's been next to no interest in playing any of the Move titles I have (I say next to none, my 19 year old nephew wanted to play table tennis in Sports Champions), but the Dance Central / Kinect Sports play has been pretty much non stop... outside of the occasional bit of Rock Band. :)

Three people went away with the intention to buy Kinect (I know one has definitely ordered it since), not aware of any wanting to pick up Move. Had a similar experience at a Christening party just after Kinect was launched.

This isn't going to be a balanced poll...people are just going to vote for the one they have, or like the console it comes with the best.

But anyway, I vote the move. The kinect is stuck to dancing/augmented reality type games. Which are nice for a bit, but soon devolves into repitition/boredom. Having an actual cntroller means that the ps move can be used for many different types of games as well as the dancing/augmented games, such as lightgun and fps. It has also been used on AAA releases such as killzone, wheas mmicrosofts console only has it on gimick titles. The range of games for it put it squarely in wii territory too.

The wii does have similarities to the move, but the control method is terrible, as there is not real direct control, just an illusion of it.

I've only played and own the Wii, but I chose Kinect, mostly because I can see it having a more lasting effect in the future, it doesn't need batteries, and all the stuff people are doing with it (outside of games)... it just overall seems "better"...

but yeah, if I had played all the games for each system then my opinion might be different. I personally find the Wiimote usage annoying in almost all games I've played, and I can't imagine the Move being all that much more fun. With Kinect, I suspect the games aren't great either, but I really don't know, it at least seems more developer friendly, so I guess we'll seen pretty soon if they get on board or not...

With Kinect, I suspect the games aren't great either, but I really don't know, it at least seems more developer friendly, so I guess we'll seen pretty soon if they get on board or not...

Kinect has been around since E3 in 2009. The software kit is fairly developer friendly however its hard to really do anything with it outside of mini game type content. With 5 million Kinects sold, some more devs are interested but still not looking to produce AAA level content on it.

Kinect has been around since E3 in 2009. The software kit is fairly developer friendly however its hard to really do anything with it outside of mini game type content. With 5 million Kinects sold, some more devs are interested but still not looking to produce AAA level content on it.

Clearly you missed all the major core Kinect game announcements that came from some of the leading Japanese developers at TGS in september. Also MS is on record stating that both core and hybrid (kinect+controller) games are currently in development. Don't forget the Gears of War Kinect game that was going to be announced at VGAs but was pulled at the last minute. Also, Kinect Star Wars

You are confused only because MS's launch strategy was to paint a picture of Kinect, distancing itself from the Wii, creating interest and expanding the install base. Going forward you will see this marketing strategy shift quite a bit when core titles come out.

Clearly you missed all the major core Kinect game announcements that came from some of the leading Japanese developers at TGS in september. Also MS is on record stating that both core and hybrid (kinect+controller) games are currently in development. Don't forget the Gears of War Kinect game that was going to be announced at VGAs but was pulled at the last minute. Also, Kinect Star Wars

Kinect Star Wars? You mean the game with quite possibly the lamest simulated game play demo OF ALL TIME? http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/06/ok-i-take-it-back-about-kinects-star-wars-game/

Also Kinect Gears of War 3 was already smacked down by Epic. Maybe they have *another* IP in the making for Kinect...

Kinect hybrid controls will be what allows for some solid game play, presuming its not too restrictive. Also if they let you swing a stick in Kinect Star Wars, it could be great. If they want you just waving around in the air, its going to be stupid as hell.

You are confused only because MS's launch strategy was to paint a picture of Kinect, distancing itself from the Wii, creating interest and expanding the install base. Going forward you will see this marketing strategy shift quite a bit when core titles come out.

Also while you like to retcon MS's strategies a lot, the fact is that MS was getting a shit storm from developers that were unable to make solid games using just the Kinect, while MS kept pushing the "Kinect only" company line to customers and developers. The "games already in development" include some failed projects that were impossible to play using just the Kinect.

Last edited:
Kinect is the only one I'm even considering getting...and that's if they get more (some) good content for it...and after a price drop...and maybe not even then. So, I voted Kinect.

I say the move. More control options than Kinect and less laggy, while being far more accurate than the Wii-mote

Funner = XBOX 360 (Better online experience, more friends, open community)

Better = PS3 (BluRay, Free PSN subscription, better hardware, longer shelf life)

In all honesty I've owned both and love my PS3 but miss the online community. Just get whatever console your friends have.

Funner = XBOX 360 (Better online experience, more friends, open community)

Better = PS3 (BluRay, Free PSN subscription, better hardware, longer shelf life)

In all honesty I've owned both and love my PS3 but miss the online community. Just get whatever console your friends have.

Did you even read the thread title and content?

I used Kinect at a friends house recently. Sucked. Curious to see how they develop it but I wouldn't purchase it for myself anytime soon.

Back