• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which heatsink?

claudius

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 26, 2005
Messages
120
I looking to buy a heatsink to replace my stock one that cam e w/ my x2 3800. I want one that will fit in my case, which is a midtower (my specs are in my sig). Bassically I want a really good heatsink that will last me a while.

Thanks.
 
It may not be a big issue for you, but the price of a copper XP-90 is twice that of a regular, but the cooling performance is not significantly noticeable unless you live at the equator.
 
Aelfgeft said:
It may not be a big issue for you, but the price of a copper XP-90 is twice that of a regular, but the cooling performance is not significantly noticeable unless you live at the equator.

pfft it was better for me, and Im not near the equator :p

If you have yet to buy a good hs then theres no reason not to buy the copper xp90c.

And get a panaflo fan.
 
SI-120 or Ninja are real nice.
XP-90 is also a good cooler

Also check out Zalman 7000b or the 7700 depending on clearance.
 
Me likey the new Zalman 9600. First time Ive ever seen CPU temps 4C below system temps. This is what I'd expect from watercooling, without the hassle. Me really likey.
 
rgr that sticky also the XP-90C... The few reviews I have read don't really show that much difference between the regular XP-90 like 1 degree... Please correct me if I am wrong. I own a XP-90
 
Would the Xp-90 fit in a qpack with the P5LD2-VM mobo ? am trying not to cut the rails in the case.
 
fenderltd said:
rgr that sticky also the XP-90C... The few reviews I have read don't really show that much difference between the regular XP-90 like 1 degree... Please correct me if I am wrong. I own a XP-90

Again.........like I said, IF you already own a XP90....then no dont buy the Copper model.
But IF you have yet to buy a good hs, then go for the copper unit.
 
You also say there is no reason not to buy the XP-90C but there are a few.

1. Weight issue. DFI for sure does not approve the XP-90C for use due to its weight
2. Cost / Performance If I can buy a XP-90 for $20-25 bucks, why waste money to get the XP-90C if produces almost the same results as the XP-90?
 
Kuma said:
Would the Xp-90 fit in a qpack with the P5LD2-VM mobo ? am trying not to cut the rails in the case.
The XP-90 is quite a tall heatsink when a fan is attached to it. I'm not sure if you'll have enough clearance... but do ask in the SFF forum.
 
Back
Top