Which EVGA board to pick?

skipsargent

Limp Gawd
I am putting together a parts list for my next build. The first item on my agenda is the motherboard. I was planning on using a board from EVGA. I really do not think that I need to spend the extra money for one of the Classified boards. So I am trying to decide between the EVGA X58 SLI model 132-BL-E758-A1 and the 132-BL-E758-TR.

Does anyone have any insights to either of these boards?

Quick link to the EVGA products page

That is good to know. I seem to remember hearing something about an nvidia chipset that one had that the other didn't. Can anyone shed any light on that?

That is good to know. I seem to remember hearing something about an nvidia chipset that one had that the other didn't. Can anyone shed any light on that?

Nope, they're both exactly the same board with the exception of warranty. one is lifetime with stepup while the other is 2 years without the possibility of stepup to a better board ie a classified. :)

You are confusing that with the two different Classified boards (one with NF200 chipset for full 16x tri-sli and one without it).

You are confusing that with the two different Classified boards (one with NF200 chipset for full 16x tri-sli and one without it).

Ok that is good info. Since I have no intention of using tri-sli I can safely go without the NF200 then.
So are the original part numbers I listed ones with the NF200 or without?

Ok that is good info. Since I have no intention of using tri-sli I can safely go without the NF200 then.
So are the original part numbers I listed ones with the NF200 or without?

the EVGA x58 doesn't have the NF200... only one of the classified boards.

Get the Classified one.
I have the other, its good, but you might as well buy newer tech

The Classified board has the NF200 chipset, both of the other boards you listed do not have it.

The 759 has the NF200 chipset and the 760 doesn't. The 759 is no longer being produced and can only be purchased from a few sites. If you are an average OC'er the x58 SLI gives you a lot for your money. The only reason I stepped up to the classified was because it was only going to cost $150 more and I had the money at the time.

The 759 has the NF200 chipset and the 760 doesn't. The 759 is no longer being produced and can only be purchased from a few sites. If you are an average OC'er the x58 SLI gives you a lot for your money. The only reason I stepped up to the classified was because it was only going to cost $150 more and I had the money at the time.

He didn't list a 759... Just the A1 and TR versions of the 758.

I was just clearing up the misinformation that guitar stated. He also suggested the classified board so I was just stating what kind of user would want/be looking at that board. I was not suggesting or adding the classified to his list.

I am putting together a parts list for my next build. The first item on my agenda is the motherboard. I was planning on using a board from EVGA. I really do not think that I need to spend the extra money for one of the Classified boards. So I am trying to decide between the EVGA X58 SLI model 132-BL-E758-A1 and the 132-BL-E758-TR.

Does anyone have any insights to either of these boards?

Quick link to the EVGA products page

I had the X58 "plain" board. Stepped up to the Classified.
It is a great board. Excellent layout.Good OC'er.Simple set up. Straight forward BIOS.
The A1 and the TR are the same board, EXACTLY. Only the waranty differs.....and the TR doesn't offer step-up.

If you've no use for the Classified, the X58 plain is probably one of the best X58 boards around.

Last edited:
If I am looking for just a basic OC the plain X58 sounds like a good deal, considering the price on the Classified. I think for me that money could be used better someplace else.

If I am looking for just a basic OC the plain X58 sounds like a good deal, considering the price on the Classified. I think for me that money could be used better someplace else.

yup.

evga has a great forum. plenty of good advice on how to best use your new board.:p

EVGA is supposed to be releasing a couple new X58 boards. http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1420793 They said by the end of the month, but they're not listed on the Products page yet... If the regular X58 SLI seems like overkill, the LE might be enough and save you some money. It appears to be missing the JMicron controller, has the bottom PCI slot replaced with PCIe, and has different chipset cooling, similar to the Classified. You'll have to wait and see what the price is and if there are any major performance differences once they're released, but I would guess that they'll be a pretty good value.

Back