Which Cord to Power HDD

Falchion17

n00b
Joined
Aug 29, 2010
Messages
21
Ok so I am in the middle of building a new desktop and have a Antec Neo ECO PSU. I am trying to connect my HDD but am not sure which SATA cable I should use. The PSU said to use one for 400W/450W only and the other one was for 520W/620W only. I'm not sure which to use because they both fit and the HDD says nothing about what it needs. Here is the HDD I have: 1 x Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Thanks!
 
Any SATA cable coming from the PSU should work fine. I have no idea what you are talking about in this case.
 
Also a SATA cable does not power a hard drive and does not connect to the power supply.
 
The manual probably meant, "The cords look like this on 400/450w," and, "The cords look like this on 520/620w." You can use any SATA power connector, or they wouldn't have included them all.
 
I have a 4-pin Molex (LP4) Male coming from the PSU so do i use an adapter and switch it to SATA power cable?!
 
Back
Top