Which coolant do I need?

The difference in the cooling power of copper and aluminum is very little, money wise it's better to use Aluminum and also it's lighter which is why the auto industry long since ditched copper radiators. Honestly your not hardcore unless your make it out of silver ;)

The difference in the cooling power of copper and aluminum is very little, money wise it's better to use Aluminum and also it's lighter which is why the auto industry long since ditched copper radiators. Honestly your not hardcore unless your make it out of silver ;)
Exactly, all of us using copper are casual plebes who shouldn't have bothered. Silver is clearly the only thing worth spending money on and if you can't afford it then blah blah blah yak yak gatekeeper bullshit. :D

Sorry, but the data doesn't back up your claim. EK's all aluminum kits are far closer to full copper custom loops than they are to CLCs or big air.

Aluminum is fine. Mixing metals is not, but the presence of aluminum != mixing metals. Mixing metals = mixing metals.

Shows you how much I've been keeping up with trends... Pretty much gave up looking for upgrades after first DDR4 then GPU prices skyrocketed.

Shows you how much I've been keeping up with trends... Pretty much gave up looking for upgrades after first DDR4 then GPU prices skyrocketed.
Doesn't it suck? ;_; I'm excited for the next Nvidia launch, but not really; I'm positive I won't get my hands on one.

Doesn't it suck? ;_; I'm excited for the next Nvidia launch, but not really; I'm positive I won't get my hands on one.

Yep… about half a year ago I was set to upgrade my 690 to 1080s or Titans… then bitcoin happened and I'm like well derp, guess this 690 will have to tough it out longer.

Any self respecting watercooling enthusiast would never build a loop with aluminum parts.

Like I said, I've never run a water-cooled setup, but a cursory search shows that a LOT of the radiators are aluminum core (and a lot are brass). Just need to know what you got and choose your coolant appropriately.

Back