Which console to buy to play Rockband?

Correct, the Xbox 360 doesn't have built-in WiFi, requires a separate WiFi network adapter (Amazon.com Link)

The 360 has 3 USB ports, one of which the WiFi adapter will take up should you get one.

So that bumps the price up close to a PS3 if I get that. I don't want to run a cable across the room to hook it up so I would need WiFi.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Anyone that buys a 360 wireless adaptor needs a bit of a kicking. You can get a decent wireless bridge for far cheaper, or buy a crappy old wireless router and set it up as a bridge.

But that's all a little off topic. :D

Anyone that buys a 360 wireless adaptor needs a bit of a kicking. You can get a decent wireless bridge for far cheaper, or buy a crappy old wireless router and set it up as a bridge.

But that's all a little off topic. :D

I got my 360 adapter for $20. Does I need a kicking?:confused::(

Since I am having a hard time deciding which to get then maybe this will help me. Which system has the best baseball game.

I prefer XBOX, for two reasons:

1. Microsoft is very picky with their controller standards. If you recall the GH/RB guitar compatibility snafu: The XBOX xplorer and Les Paul both are compatible with Rock Band.
However, the Les Paul does not work on the PS3 with Rock Band.

2. Microsoft updates their stores on Tuesday, two days before the PSN on Thursday. I like not having to wait two days for new DLC :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the Wii and PS2 versions lack DLC?

I prefer XBOX, for two reasons:

1. Microsoft is very picky with their controller standards. If you recall the GH/RB guitar compatibility snafu: The XBOX xplorer and Les Paul both are compatible with Rock Band.
However, the Les Paul does not work on the PS3 with Rock Band.

2. Microsoft updates their stores on Tuesday, two days before the PSN on Thursday. I like not having to wait two days for new DLC :)

the first point is valid and a pain in the arse for the ps3... seeing as most of my non-pc owning friends have an xbox360. why can't every guitar just get along? and there's no way i'm buying another guitar for my rock band setup either when i haven't even touched the one i own.

i'm stuck in the 'i play real guitar' snob stage. :D

How long is the 360 exclusivity on rock band 2? I just checked Amazon and they have the PS3 version shipping in October and the PS2 version shipping in November.

You can use Guitar Hero guitars with RockBand, you cannot do that on the PS3.

How long is the 360 exclusivity on rock band 2? I just checked Amazon and they have the PS3 version shipping in October and the PS2 version shipping in November.

I think I just heard only 1 month or something. I read elsewhere that Microsoft never paid for it to be exclusive.

Back