Which Conroe Will You Be Buying?

WHICH CONROE WILL YOU BE PURCHASING?

  • X6800 @ 2.93GHz ...Forget about the price I'm Extreme!

    Votes: 8 7.3%
  • E6700 @ 2.67GHz ...Why buy extreme with a simple overclock?

    Votes: 17 15.5%
  • E6600 @ 2.4GHz ...Now that's what I call bang for your buck!

    Votes: 62 56.4%
  • E6400 @ 2.13GHz ...I can really overclock that much on air?

    Votes: 3 2.7%
  • E6300 @ 1.86GHz ...Laugh all you want wait till I phase change cool this sucker!

    Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I'm waiting for the X6900 @ 3.2GHz or Quad Core!

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I will stick to my 939 or AM2 Socket Thank you very much!

    Votes: 10 9.1%

  • Total voters
    110

tikiman44

n00b
Joined
Mar 4, 2006
Messages
45
I'm so excited for Conroe!! Finally to have an Intel processor in my system that will stop bottlenecking my video cards (to a point) ! Needless to say I will be upgrading on launch day. You can already preorder Conroe and you can find more about that in this thread.

Basically what I'm wondering is which Conroe will you be buying or will you hold on to your 939, or maybe wait for quad core?

Use the poll.
 
waiting for quad core. I just got my opty rig and its plenty powerful for me
 
E6600 :)

Took out the lidless Opty 170 to try and flog it now. 3700+ Sandy is a strong overclocker for my gaming rig for now. Good plan I think. Had my rig open, and I just thought... wait a sec, why not sell this now.
 
Im actually downgrading the desktop (strictly speaking, swapping from an X2 2.0Ghz/512 to a single core 2Ghz/512) and swapping to a primary laptop, core duo and then swapping in a merom when they are released. The X2 is gone for $240 by the way, if I felt like it I could buy a new one in a month with the profit *after* buying the 3200+.

Planning on building a SFF gaming/main use machine around march, by then if Im lucky kentsfield will be out and Ill grab one of those.
 
Where's the "I'm gonna wait for the benchmarks and price drops to make my decision" choice?
 
Waiting for quad core. There is just something about 4-way symetric processing on a single chip that is really exciting.
 
I've just pre-orderd the Extreme Edition X6800 from OcUK :cool: (warm fuzzy feeling ensues), £784 :( .......................ahhhhh what the heck :D
 
lowrider007 said:
I've just pre-orderd the Extreme Edition X6800 from OcUK :cool: (warm fuzzy feeling ensues), £784 :( .......................ahhhhh what the heck :D


Grats! You are now a pro spender :D, and have gained a 10" e-"youknowwhat" extension!

Seriously, enjoy the chip... it ought to be a psychotic beast on that drug that eliminates pain sensations!
 
Back
Top