• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which Asus Motherboard?

Cram3601

n00b
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
18
Hi.

I'm upgrading my pc to an i7-920 processor and I'm trying to decide which motherboard to buy. Two of them are from ASUS and they are:

  1. the P6T Deluxe V2, and the
  2. P6T SE

I don't do gaming. Can anyone suggest which if these boards is considered to be the "better" board?

Thanks again.
 
Better for what? They both overclock the same...so.....
which one fits you better?
 
The P6T Deluxe is technically "better", but I doubt it would make a difference to you. It makes more sense to go with the P6T SE simply because of the much lower cost.
 
They are in different classes. The P6T Deluxe V2 is a more high end board. In terms of overclocking, it will probably have a bit of an upper hand. The P6T SE is a lower-end X58 board, but is still a very good board all-around. It simply comes down to your budget and what you will be doing with this system.
 
Thank you for all of your responses. I'm inclined to go with the P6T SE.

Thanks again.
 
gwarren007 says that boards overclock the same. I respect what he says but can anyone else confirm this? Also, I've heard that overclocking a processor can sometimes make a system unstable. Is this true?

Thanks again.
 
gwarren007 says that boards overclock the same. I respect what he says but can anyone else confirm this? Also, I've heard that overclocking a processor can sometimes make a system unstable. Is this true?

Thanks again.

Depends on how much you overclock and how you test it after you overclock it. If you test it for stability after you overclock it and it passes (using whatever method you prefer), it shouldn't give you issues.
 
gwarren007 says that boards overclock the same. I respect what he says but can anyone else confirm this? Also, I've heard that overclocking a processor can sometimes make a system unstable. Is this true?

Thanks again.

It can, unless you thoroughly test the system for stability using programs such as Intel Burn Test, LinX, OCCT, Prime95, and others. For instance, I've had my system overclocked by 50% since I purchased it, and it's been entirely stable since then.
 
Back
Top