Which AMD partner has the can produce the most cards for the North American market?

hcforde

Gawd
The major partners being ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, Sapphire, XFX, & Powercolor imho. The question is based on trying to get a 290 or 290X at MSRP or close. I have 2 ASUS Graphics Cards R9290X-DC2OC-4GD5 ordered from Amazon that are slated to come in about 3-4 weeks @ $580/each. I really would prefer R9 290's which are also non-reference. Why do I prefer a 290 over a 290X? Price/performance, especially now with Mantle coming on board.

Amazon does a great job at making the offering at MSRP for future delivery but who can produce the most to give them the orders to fill in the American market?

Current Amazon offerings:
ASUS Graphics Cards R9290X-DC2OC-4GD5 3-4 weeks @ $580

Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 GDDR5-4GB 2xDVI/HDMI/DP OC Graphics Card GV-R929OC-4G - will ship when available @ $500

Gigabyte Windforce R9 290X GDDR5-4GB 2xDVI/HDMI/DP OC Graphics Card GV-R929XOC-4GD - 3-5 weeks @ $600

XFX Black Edition Double D R9 290X 1050MHz 4GB DDR5 DP HDMI 2XDVI Graphics Cards R9290XEDBD - 1-4 weeks @ $660

The review here of the non-black edition of the XFX card was very favorable and it blew away the 780ti in every benchmark.

The review of the ASUS DC2OC showed the fan was louder than the XFX cards (Fan Noise
The XFX Double Dissipation fans are the quietest fans we’ve ever encountered at high RPM speeds. These fans are definitely quieter than the ASUS DirectCU II fans when the RPMs and fan speed are increased. We experienced the XFX fans running at 93% fan speed, but, we did not hear them at that level. Whereas, 93% fan speed on the ASUS DirectCU II video cards is extremely loud. On the ASUS cards we wouldn’t go over 75% fan speed because the noise is too loud. However, on the XFX Double Dissipation Edition video cards the fans were literally quiet, even at near maximum fan speed. While playing games, we never noticed fan noise at all. There was no ramping up of fan speed heard while starting to game and leaving the system on all day.)

Why do I prefer a 290 over a 290X? Price/performance especially now with Mantle coming on board.

OK, but it looks like I am going to be "stuck" with the ASUS DirectCU II OC R9290X-DC2OC-4GD5. However, this review put me at ease about what I was getting. http://www.legitreviews.com/asus-r9...phire-r9-290x-tri-x-video-card-reviews_132158

Trying to find the Sapphire card is difficult and when you do it is VERY pricey. So I guess their demand is way outstripping the supply they are able to deliver. I have an excel chart and Newegg has most of the cards in stock today. The cards I am getting from Amazon is $120 cheaper than what Newegg wants for them, today. I am glad I guess I went back and ordered another from Amazon because now they do not have a delivery date. Just "we will contact you when we think we are going to get some more".

I never thought I would be glad to be getting cards that cost more than the MSRP. lol

OK, but it looks like I am going to be "stuck" with the ASUS DirectCU II OC R9290X-DC2OC-4GD5. However, this review put me at ease about what I was getting. http://www.legitreviews.com/asus-r9...phire-r9-290x-tri-x-video-card-reviews_132158

Trying to find the Sapphire card is difficult and when you do it is VERY pricey. So I guess their demand is way outstripping the supply they are able to deliver. I have an excel chart and Newegg has most of the cards in stock today. The cards I am getting from Amazon is $120 cheaper than what Newegg wants for them, today. I am glad I guess I went back and ordered another from Amazon because now they do not have a delivery date. Just "we will contact you when we think we are going to get some more".

I never thought I would be glad to be getting cards that cost more than the MSRP. lol

I would use an online script to look at Amazon then notify you, its what I did to get my 290 Sapphires and I got them for $410 apeice, $10 more then MSRP. Probably the best way and also to get a resonable price.

Back