• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which 5870 to avoid?

KENNYB

2[H]4U
Joined
Jul 26, 2004
Messages
3,147
Looking to get a 5870 today. Yeah, impulse buy but I can afford it... (Long story...)
Which brand should I avoid? Did XFX change the stock HSF with a cheaper model?
 
XFX HD5870 has two types:

center fan = aviod
reference cooler = reference design (good)
 
Whats wrong with the center fan model? besides the overclocking is suppose to be better on the reference design. Shouldn't the center fan model be better since all the manufactures are going with them?
 
I had 2 of the center fan XFX models and they ran hot and loud. Also, the connectors are on the back instead of the top. Not a great card IMHO. I would stick with the reference design on the 5XXX series.
 
Back
Top