Which 1366 Mobo to get?

Mjg1675

Gawd
Okay, so I've been looking and I either want the Foxconn Bloodrage (Or Bloodrage GTI) or the Asus Pwhateveritis located here

I don't care about Sata III/6GPs, and USB 3.0 doesn't have that many devices out yet.

Also the Bloodrage GTI is cheaper, which is appealing.

EDIT: Mod/s please move this to the intel mobo section. I didn't mean to put it here.

I'd go with the Foxconn board, but you've already answered you question really, the extra $80 for Asus will goto waste, since you dont need usb 3.0/sata 6gb.

Those two boards are in two different price categories; it's like comparing apples and oranges.

If you are looking to spend around $210, I would look no further than the new Gigabyte X58A-UD3R.

But it's one of those, If I save up for a little while longer then I don't need to worry about upgrading sooner than if I got the other board.

But it's one of those, If I save up for a little while longer then I don't need to worry about upgrading sooner than if I got the other board.

If you must choose between those two, I'd go with the ASUS.

Ah, okay.

So OC'ing would be about the same with either?

OCing is more dependent upon the CPU and maybe the memory than the board as most high end boards work about the same. Since the memory controller is on the CPU, and now even graphics on the CPU, luck of the draw with your CPU is more important. You might squeeze a couple more mhz out of one or the other, but usually nothing significant.

I've decided on the Asus as it'll work with DDR3-2000

That's really dependent on the CPU and RAM more than the board. I would also imagine the Foxconn board would let you set DDR3-2000.

Your uncore must be at least twice the DRAM ratio and DDR3-2000 is dangerously close to the maximum uncore speed of 4 GHz, and most chips won't even POST no matter what voltage. You will probably only get up to around 1800 MHz which is still great.

Bloodrage is the better of the two boards. I have used P6T-D, Giga-X58-Extreme, Evga 758, Evga 759, Evga 760, MSI X58-M, Asus RE2, Asus Gene, and the Bloodrage.

I can do 2k memory and 238 BCLK (PCI-E mod) on the bloodrage. I Love it!

Foxconn make is very easy to get to 200 BCLK, far easier than an other board,

Bloodrage is the better of the two boards. I have used P6T-D, Giga-X58-Extreme, Evga 758, Evga 759, Evga 760, MSI X58-M, Asus RE2, Asus Gene, and the Bloodrage.

I can do 2k memory and 238 BCLK (PCI-E mod) on the bloodrage. I Love it!

Foxconn make is very easy to get to 200 BCLK, far easier than an other board,

Same CPU? I find it hard to believe the Foxconn board, which seems more of a "budget X58" (if that exists), is better than a board like the R2E which is an extreme X58 board (and with an appropriate price tag).

Honestly, the board itself doesn't mean as much as the CPU. They all use the same X58 chipset. It's the things like layout, features (SLI/CF, extra ports, etc.), support, and reliability that set all boards apart.

Same CPU? I find it hard to believe the Foxconn board, which seems more of a "budget X58" (if that exists), is better than a board like the R2E which is an extreme X58 board (and with an appropriate price tag).

Honestly, the board itself doesn't mean as much as the CPU. They all use the same X58 chipset. It's the things like layout, features (SLI/CF, extra ports, etc.), support, and reliability that set all boards apart.

Believe it or not but Foxconn is the largest manufacturer of electronics and computer components worldwide, and mainly manufactures on contract to other companies. So some parts you see on the R2E are from Foxconn. Just because it's a little bit cheaper doesn't take away from its quality.

Believe it or not but Foxconn is the largest manufacturer of electronics and computer components worldwide, and mainly manufactures on contract to other companies. So some parts you see on the R2E are from Foxconn. Just because it's a little bit cheaper doesn't take away from its quality.

Yeah - I know Foxconn is pretty large but I know ASUS manufactures its own products. What parts from Foxconn would be on a R2E?

I am also trying to decide on a socket 1366 motherboard. Besides SATA 3.0 and USB 3.0, are there any differences between the Gigabyte EX58-UD3R and X58A-UD3R motherboards?

I am also trying to decide on a socket 1366 motherboard. Besides SATA 3.0 and USB 3.0, are there any differences between the Gigabyte EX58-UD3R and X58A-UD3R motherboards?

If I recall correctly the older UD3R has several downsides beyond the lack of USB3/SATA6. Fewer ram slots (only 4 compared to 6), fewer sata ports, no esata by cable, aluminum heatpipes compared to copper. Nothing MAJOR, but something to consider.

Back