• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Where to get Vega?

UnknownSouljer

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Sep 24, 2001
Messages
9,041
Most places are out of stock and/or super overpriced. But the used market is just even worse.

I'm trying to pick up a Vega 64 or Vega FE (this isn't for gaming, it's for compute and rendering) preferably a liquid cooled variant (it's much more quiet). I might settle for a 56, just to keep the crazy cost down. I'd prefer Sapphire, maybe Asus. Obviously they're sold out every where and stock has just been bad.

On the nVidia side, there is a chance to wait around at places like EVGA with stock notifications, but there doesn't seem to be an equivalent on the AMD side. I'd be willing to put my money down upfront and have them ship it to me when they get it in stock (preorder), but that doesn't exist. Is there any place I can buy this thing at even a few hundred above MSRP instead of 100% above MSRP?
 
Most places are out of stock and/or super overpriced. But the used market is just even worse.

I'm trying to pick up a Vega 64 or Vega FE (this isn't for gaming, it's for compute and rendering) preferably a liquid cooled variant (it's much more quiet). I might settle for a 56, just to keep the crazy cost down. I'd prefer Sapphire, maybe Asus. Obviously they're sold out every where and stock has just been bad.

On the nVidia side, there is a chance to wait around at places like EVGA with stock notifications, but there doesn't seem to be an equivalent on the AMD side. I'd be willing to put my money down upfront and have them ship it to me when they get it in stock (preorder), but that doesn't exist. Is there any place I can buy this thing at even a few hundred above MSRP instead of 100% above MSRP?

I usually check nowinstock to see if it is available.

I did see Vege FE Air version available to purchase on Newegg for 999.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...0446076&PID=6163686&SID=jeasmh8r8l011rh100053
 
you cant find vega for a good price its just about impossible. depending on the program possibly look at the titan, fiji produo, or possible dual firepro s10000's
 
I usually check nowinstock to see if it is available.

I did see Vege FE Air version available to purchase on Newegg for 999.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...0446076&PID=6163686&SID=jeasmh8r8l011rh100053

The irony is, I think the FE is the only card to be purchasable for less than MSRP (used). I should probably just amend my post to finding a 56 or 64. The FE really just has 8GB more RAM. Which isn't "useless", but for me that will mostly just be frame buffer. It will probably have only a minor affect on performance versus using a Vega 64.


you cant find vega for a good price its just about impossible. depending on the program possibly look at the titan, fiji produo, or possible dual firepro s10000's

That pretty much is what it feels like. Ironically with all this I might end up on an RX480 or RX580 just simply due to cost. But I've been trying to see if I can get something much faster. I'd love to get a Titan V, but that's already more money than the entire rest of this project will cost me by over 3x (I think my build minus the graphics card is about $1000). And I'm not doing anything with Cuda (all OpenCL), so other Titan cards don't perform nearly as well as equivalent AMD ones. If the rest of Volta had a launch date, that might help swing things as Volta is designed for compute (as seen in the earlier mentioned Titan V). However nVidia is keeping it pretty close to the vest in terms of launch date. And I'm not holding my breath.

I've looked everywhere. eBay, Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, the Hardforum. It's just a rough time right now to get a card.
 
The irony is, I think the FE is the only card to be purchasable for less than MSRP (used). I should probably just amend my post to finding a 56 or 64. The FE really just has 8GB more RAM. Which isn't "useless", but for me that will mostly just be frame buffer. It will probably have only a minor affect on performance versus using a Vega 64.




That pretty much is what it feels like. Ironically with all this I might end up on an RX480 or RX580 just simply due to cost. But I've been trying to see if I can get something much faster. I'd love to get a Titan V, but that's already more money than the entire rest of this project will cost me by over 3x (I think my build minus the graphics card is about $1000). And I'm not doing anything with Cuda (all OpenCL), so other Titan cards don't perform nearly as well as equivalent AMD ones. If the rest of Volta had a launch date, that might help swing things as Volta is designed for compute (as seen in the earlier mentioned Titan V). However nVidia is keeping it pretty close to the vest in terms of launch date. And I'm not holding my breath.

I've looked everywhere. eBay, Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, the Hardforum. It's just a rough time right now to get a card.

almost sounds like a s10000 is your best bet. one person is/was selling one on here fpe 325
 
Ive been watching for vega for months now and ive seen nothing remotely reasonable. Id probably try to snipe a FuryX for $325 --ive seen a couple of them go around that price until things settle down. Interesting to me, vegas has been in stock for awhile now but the price hasnt budged. On the 1080ti see i see them for $949 all the time and they come in and out of stock sometimes $849. I stopped looking after I got 3 three 1080ti around msrp. thats enough to keep my feet warm through the winter.
 
Ive been watching for vega for months now and ive seen nothing remotely reasonable. Id probably try to snipe a FuryX for $325 --ive seen a couple of them go around that price until things settle down. Interesting to me, vegas has been in stock for awhile now but the price hasnt budged. On the 1080ti see i see them for $949 all the time and they come in and out of stock sometimes $849. I stopped looking after I got 3 three 1080ti around msrp. thats enough to keep my feet warm through the winter.

I loved the FX 83** processors I used to have. However, that FX6300 is really holding those 1080ti's back. Time to upgrade to a R5 1600, at least. :)
 
I loved the FX 83** processors I used to have. However, that FX6300 is really holding those 1080ti's back. Time to upgrade to a R5 1600, at least. :)

I have a ryzen 7 1700 and an i7-7700hq, but i prefer to use the FX-6300 to troll people here :)

I am on the border of switching the FX-6300 to my work pc, because i am really sick of this I3-4030U.
 
Back
Top