Where to get a Apple G5 Case

@JRApple,
I have a brand new (still covered with the protective plastic!) G5 case that I've been staring at for a few months, trying to figure out how to proceed.
I would prefer not hacking it to bits, but mounting the board and proper backplane seems well nigh impossible without major surgery.
I did see an amazing conversion done by a Chinese guy over on bit-tech (he didn't alter the exterior at all!), but so far he hasn't explained how it was done (and it seems to have dropped out of their database).

I've been toying with the idea of using a Lian-li mobotray/I/O panel, but again, this would require substantial modification to work.
So far I can't even figure out how to remove the Apple standoffs, which are swaged into (what appears to be ) the lefthand exterior sidepanel (I can't tell whether there are two layers there or just one), without resorting to the crude expediency of the Dremel.

Looking forward to seeing how you progress.

Juicy_Red_Apple said:
coz i have an apple 23" cinema display an apple keyboard, and an apple mouse.

Apple design far exceeds anything on the market IMO. The look is perfect.

Just cant stand the OS. Otherwise i would have bought an Apple
barf, i think their mouse and keyboards are horrible. their lcds and the g5 case are the only things that look good imo.

Back