• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

where to buy amd?

sdiver

n00b
Joined
Feb 6, 2006
Messages
22
i am new to this site. i have built couple of computers but no overclocked one. well it's tax time and time to upgrade. where does everyone buy there amd processors and mother boards. i have bought from tigerdirect before. are they any sites better or cheaper.

thanks, allen
 
Newegg has always treated me well. Everything but the sound card for the rig in my sig came from them.
 
I just purchased a Motherboard from Mwave.com. It was my first purchase at a site besides the egg and ZZF. They were fast to process my order and it was shipped the very next day. They seem like a pretty decent dealer so far. I'm curious as to what others think of MWave.com, as this was my first purchase from them. They seem to have cheaper prices then both the Egg and ZZF on most things.
 
for the best price you CANT beat flickerdown. Dave is a great guy to deal with :)
 
Newegg, Zipzoomfly and Mwave are all good sources. Tigerdirect is good too but usually a little more expensive than the others.
 
Flickerdown is very limited on product selection but prices seem to be reasonable. I'd go with Newegg or Zipzoomfly simply for selection and service. Neither of them has ever let me down.
 
BigMacAttack said:
Flickerdown is very limited on product selection but prices seem to be reasonable. I'd go with Newegg or Zipzoomfly simply for selection and service. Neither of them has ever let me down.

He has very limited selection as he is more of a "specialty store". Another big thumbs up for dave.
 
Budwise said:
for the best price you CANT beat flickerdown. Dave is a great guy to deal with :)

I didn't look at anything else but the Opty 165's were more at Flickerdown than Newegg.

I used to get my stuff mostly from Newegg but with the slow UPS shipping and with how they like to raise prices I've been shopping at ZipZoomFly and Monarch a lot mroe recently. I'd go with ZZF over Monarch though.

I've heard of Dell having some deals on AMD CPU's too.
 
yup...definitely a little more $$$ than newegg....

i'm cool with that and as someone stated above, i really am just a specialty house for right now. however, constantly branching out and adding stuff in.

as far as customer service, i can take on Newegg, ZZF, etc. at any time. TankGuys and I have made it a mission to provide ya with the most information up front possible. there is no guessing on steppings, etc. from us. you know ahead of time.

anyhow, best of luck on your search!

dave
 
dave_graham said:
yup...definitely a little more $$$ than newegg....

i'm cool with that and as someone stated above, i really am just a specialty house for right now. however, constantly branching out and adding stuff in.

as far as customer service, i can take on Newegg, ZZF, etc. at any time. TankGuys and I have made it a mission to provide ya with the most information up front possible. there is no guessing on steppings, etc. from us. you know ahead of time.

anyhow, best of luck on your search!

dave

You were the first place that actually gave me a choice of steppings to choose from, never got that from anywhere before, (let alone respond to every email in a matter of minutes)
 
Dave - do you have any idea when AMD will be coming out with the s754 Venice 3200+ E6 and 3400+ E3 cpu's? I have the 3000+ E6 right now and like it but would be interested in the 3200+ E6. Also - do you carry s754 nForce4 chipset PCI-e mobos? I'm interested in a replacement for my Asus K8N4-E Deluxe which has greater than 1.55v max vcore. I know I could get more from the cpu with a higher vcore than the max 1.55v with the Asus (latest bios rev 1010.)
 
it's just a san diego for s754.

i got my 3700+ up to 3.1ghz back in may.. on air no less :cool:
 
Don't see any Newarks available on ZZF or Newegg. I have a 3700+ Claw but it will only get to 2.6. That may be due to my Asus K8V mobo not having the latest bios. The K8V allows multiplier adjustments on my 3400+ Claw but not my 3700+. A bios update would probably fix this problem but I don't want to risk losing my higher vcore options. The last time I upgraded a bios (Asus K8N4-E Deluxe mobo) I lost my higher vcore settings and had to settle for 1.55v max. Not nearly enough to push a Clawhammer let alone the Venice. If I could get 1.6v-1.65v I could really go to town.
The K8V/3400+ Claw is in my work system and the K8N4-E Deluxe/3000+ Venice is in my home system.
 
My 2 Clawhammers have 1mb L2 cache but I don't see any difference between them and my 512kb 3000+ Venice. The 4000+ costs $349 and the Venice 3000+ can be had for $119-$126. True, the 4000+ can probably be oc'd to 2.8+ but with the right mobo so can the Venice.
 
ihave a friend who can probably get you a 3400+ if you really want it... probably still ~$170 though, more than the venice.
 
I appreciate the offer but I already have 1 more processor than I need :) If and when the 3200+ Venice/3400+ Venice comes out I'll have to weigh my decision at that time. For my computing needs socket 754 fills the bill nicely right now.
 
Back
Top