where the heck is ATI

Arnge

Limp Gawd
Doesn't they realize the sales numbers of the 8800GT

doesn't they reialize that a 8800GT buyer is non ATI user may be forever

can't they see how many from ATI camp jumped to Nvidia.

i mean every single one who buyed a 8800GT won't buy the new ATI card.

i mean i thought there was a compitition between Ati and Nvidia.

what is going on ?

what is going on ?

It's good to live in Germany because if the new ATi's card has a better value than my soon to be 8800GT, I can return it without paying any restocking fee :D

It's good to live in Germany because if the new ATi's card has a better value than my soon to be 8800GT, I can return it without paying any restocking fee :D

Same for Hawaii there is no restocking fee here... I have never heard of them befor..

I will give you that it does seem strange AMD did not get some "preview" units into the hands of reviewers to take the edge off the Nvidia release. It seems to me to be a huge marketing error. I find it hard to imagine they did not consider this, and why they decided not to pre-release some performance information leads to chilling speculation.

The rest is not worth discussion by anyone who understands where the revenue is in the graphics chip industry (or manufacturing product launch schedules)

Ati is based in Canada, Now you know where they are.

and yes I was one waiting for the new ATI card to come out, I had a 1900xt prior.....and yes ATI lost my money.

and yes, I love my 8800gt :)

That is why it is best to get your product out in Oct/Nov. We are all looking to upgrade, and once we lock into a card, most of us will keep it for a while....

The first wave of money is going to be the biggest.
Heck, with gas going up and all, some of us are worried our GPU money might get snatched away for somthing else.
I hope nVidia don't hold out on the rest of their cards too long either.
I might end up buying a less expensive one, and be done.

Mabey ATI needs another year to do more research.....

lol

If they are out of the picture this year too, it won't matter what they were working on, even if it was R900!!

They all stumble occasionally. Intel stumbled a bit with the Wilmette and Prescott cores. Bounced back.

nVidia stumbled with their FX series, bounced back.

Microsoft stumbled with ME, bounced back with XP.

They've got a lot of talent and knowledge, they'll bounce back with a vengeance. Maybe next generation? Only time will tell.

please tell me the facts behind this.......

thas like saying everyone who bought a GTX WONT buy na Ultra,, how many have,.. or how many who had GTX bought a GT.

what is going on ?

Actually most 8800 gts users still have their cards, and some people are waiting to see what the 3870 xt has to offer, and Crysis and UT3 isn't out for 2 weeks yet so no need to rush to buy 8800 gt

ATI is in the stomach of AMD, after being eaten I'm afraid. I believe many of the ATI employees (especially executives) were given new positions in AMD, but I've read many of them quit after some time due to various issues.

Take heart, from the ashes of dead graphics solutions, there can often rise a new champion...the ATI 9700 Pro was made largely from an engineering team that rose out of PowerVR if I recall correctly.

its bad for innovation and pricing to have ati almost in the toilet now. i used to use ati cards a lot but what really turned me off to them was the problem they had with the 1900 series cards and running dual displays. the annoying monitor flicker, almost like a very fast reset, that would happen a few times an hour on one or both of the displays drove me bat shit. ati pretty much ignored the problem and never came up with a fix. that issue and ati's lack of interest in fixing it made me not wish to spend my money on their products anymore.

ATI is in the stomach of AMD, after being eaten I'm afraid. I believe many of the ATI employees (especially executives) were given new positions in AMD, but I've read many of them quit after some time due to various issues.

Take heart, from the ashes of dead graphics solutions, there can often rise a new champion...the ATI 9700 Pro was made largely from an engineering team that rose out of PowerVR if I recall correctly.
ArtX

what is going on ?

As a new 8800GT user, in a year ish time when i come to upgrade again, I will not hesitate to buy ATI if they have the better product at the time.

I believe Nvidia has produced a bomb shell short term for ATI, but if the new cards stack up it will only be a small setback as people are always upgrading.

If the new cards suck then..... um yea.

I almost bought the 8800gt but right now it's over priced at retailers. It should cost less than $200. I am a big fan of ATI products, so I am now waiting to see the reviews of the new HD 3000 series. I prefer ATI drivers compared to Nvidia.

Back