Votes: 118 35.4%
  • To the Right of myself & the monitor

Votes: 182 54.7%
  • My PC case is under the monitor

Votes: 11 3.3%
  • Other , please expalin.

Votes: 22 6.6%

• Total voters
Other: Both. I have my gaming pc on the left and another on the right which i use for im/browsing/general utilties/etc.

I've never had the main PC to the left... All of mine (work/home) are to the right. OH wait my wives is to the left and I hate it... this is because there's not a foot wide gap on the left side because there's a pipe in the basement and her desk is in the corner and we decided to push it up to the left side instead. Less easy of falling off the desk that way.

kahunaking said:
I have one of the weirdest setups lol.

Main pc is on the right. Other pc is on the left. Main pc's monitor is on the left, Other is on the right. and i have 2 kb's and 2 mice on the pad lol

2 kd's.. :eek: .... yous fellas with mulitple PC's and keyboards ever thought of using something like Synergy to control multiple PCs with one keyboard and mouse?

I have my PC on the left and Laptop on a stand to the right... I use Synergy to control the laptop instead of dicking around with multiple keyboards as I have a Logitech G15 which is humungous anyway :p

Sack said:
2 kd's.. :eek: .... yous fellas with mulitple PC's and keyboards ever thought of using something like Synergy to control multiple PCs with one keyboard and mouse?

I have my PC on the left and Laptop on a stand to the right... I use Synergy to control the laptop instead of dicking around with multiple keyboards as I have a Logitech G15 which is humungous anyway :p

That'd be nice but my main pc is attached to 3 1905s and my test box is attached to the vga inputs on 2 of them. I switch inputs on the two monitors and then grab the spare keyboard and mouse.

Oh and main workstation is under the desk to right and my test box is to the left. Then on the part of the desk on my right side I have another 1905 hooked up to thin client for testing and troubleshooting.

Susquehannock said:
Oh .... the reason I am asking this is because the vast majority of people I've seen have their
case to their right. Yet case makers insist upon making front panels open to the left. Which
forces people to reach around an open door. Not good ergonomics.

I would disagree (except for the ergonomics parts). My case (a CM Wavemaster) is on my left, but the door opens to the right. In fact, I'm working on a mod to the door so it will open left!

The reason I have my case on the left hand side is the LCD I have mounted on the side of the case that I use to monitor my system (via Samurize). That's the only place to put it. Since nearly all cases have side panels that come off of the left side (as you're looking at the case), there's no place to put a monitor there.

Now, I understand that most people put their cases on the right side because it then allows them to at least look at their system (if they've got a windowed side panel). But you're seeing more and more monitor mods and the only place to put them is in front or on the right side of the case. So I would argue that although your numbers show that "righties" are more popular, us "lefties" will continue to rise as more and more people mod their cases with monitors!

Viva le Lefty!!!! :D

To the right, I have a Chieftec Dragon, so the window is on the left side, but the door opens to the left, which kind of gets in the way, even though I don't need to open it much...I would like to see how you accomplish changing up the way the door opens on your wavemaster willie.

need another poll option.. "multiple computers on both sides"!

got a laptop, server to my left.. got primary machine, tv server to right..

Sack said:
*snip* Gigabyte Aurora 3D *snip*
I am so in love with that case, but Newegg had a great price on the P180 with free 3-day shipping so I got it instead. Either way was an improvement over my Superalien :)

How do you like the Aurora 3D?

under my desk to the left. i have an aerocool masstige so it is easier for me to get inside my pc if it is on the left.

Mine is to the left built into my desk

dualiles1.jpg

Susquehannock said:
Oh .... the reason I am asking this is because the vast majority of people I've seen have their
case to their right. Yet case makers insist upon making front panels open to the left. Which

You should have made the poll ask "what side do you prefer your computer case on" :D

I voted left cause that is the side I have my main rig on since the door can be made to open either left or right (Silverstone TJ-03) . But I also usually put my ATC-110 on the right since the door cant be switched to open left. I prefer the left side because I sit almost in front of my keyboard with the mouse off to the right so putting the case on the left side is closer without it seeming to get in the way. :)

I also think there are a lot more cases that open to the right then left which is opposite of what you said.

My setup is simple(L-Desk, with the extending desk space on the left)
(False-BTX) PC V2000plus on the left, far back, under the desk
(False-BTX) G5 Case on the left, front, under the desk
SFF on the left, on top of the hutch.

mine is on the left, i have a stand on the side of my desk for it and plus you can see the window on the case from that side (LL PC-65B)

Mine is to the right of me and my LCD on the top of the desk. It doesn't fit in the tower bay(too wide), otherside it would be to the right down there.

Susquehannock said:

One manufacturer that I know of does not do it this way, and that is why I buy cases made by them. RaidMax.

x1-external3_small.jpg

In the drawer. Nice and quiet now aren't ya! *slam*
The other rig is in the closet.

And Zero-One, that's nifty! I'm used to seeing the monitor down there, not the rig.

Comp in my sig has a door open from the right side and also is on the right side doesnt bother me that much having to reach across the door to get to things. Still enjoy my thermaltake soprano

My home PC is to the left because the desk has a place to put it there.

At work, it is to the right.

The monitor is in the center, directly in front of me in both locations.

My case is on the left then my monitor beside it. I dont think i could stand those damn tsunami lights in my eyes at night.

Other. Both really.

My main gaming system sits on a desktop to the left of dual monitors and a little 13"ish TV. My laptop is normally on that same desk to my right.

I've got an L-shaped corner desk that holds the dual monitors for my main work system which sits on the floor to the left of my chair. A third monitor is attached to my DVD burner / file server which is located on the floor to the right.

The HTPC is in the entertainment center to the left of my TV.

Other:

My case is built into the underside of the desk, and a console with the dvd-drive, fan controls, usb ports, etc sits on top. Sounds cool, but it's really in the way right now.

Computer to left on floor and micro fly(server box) left LCD on table. Teaching myself server 2003 and linux. :D

other: its behind my monitor on its own table.

when i move upstairs for the winter, its on the right.

My current ATX with window is to the left of my monitor on my desk.

After I move out of my parents house I am going to build myself a new desk/family room entertainment center.
I plan on having the case below the TV to the left of my legs angled towards me so I can
access the optical drive and so that people can see in the case window. There will be a 4
foot black light above the case (mounted under the desk top underneath the TV) which will
make my future rig's watercooling look very snazzy.

Once I get it together (October 2006) I will post my workstation pics. I promise.

EDIT:
I just remembered I made a quick picture in paint of my future setup!
setup.png

Back