Where is Nvidia?

DeathPrincess

Fully [H]
A while ago, didn't Nvidia annouce that it was going to be entering the manafacture buisness directly and be making it own GPUs? I can't find one anywhere. I was assuming with the new 580 theyd enter the fray, but still nothing.

I always like how the stock cards look better than the random crap most aftermarket places add onto it, such as weird jet engine designs and ugly stuff. Sometimes it looks nice, but mostly its a reall turn off.

Does anyone know when they are actually going to start producing?

Oh, so its currently Best buy only?
Aren't they the really really bad store everyone hates? I can't say i've heard good things... then again the electronics shops here are shockingly bad, and best buy would probably seem good...

I can't say i've ever seen one of their stores, though they have only opened up recently, being a instore kind of thing (instead of online) the prices are going to be awful i'm assuming...

Yeah pretty much right on the money. B&M's have greater overhead so their prices are going to be higher 99% of the time. On top of that the Nvidia branded cards are nothing special either, if you check out the links that were posted, you'll see that you can get better bang for your buck.

First off to address the OP, NO, NV is not going to building its own GPUs. WHat it has done is started selling its own video cards. The story was broken here first by HardOCP.

Currently this is Best Buy only.

I personally think it is the worst thing NV has done in terms of its sales channel. I would not expect to see this play out beyond next April and then be over and done with.

Back