Where has lian-li gone?

ApocalypZ

Limp Gawd
Ok well i've been looking at lian li cases deciding which to get when i check newegg, and they are gone, then i run down to compusa, and they aren't selling them anymore. What the hell is going on?

Agreed, I checked out both when getting my case and I got mine from excal pc because they were a little bit cheaper on the pc-65b.

with the emergence of all of the premod enermax and raidmax cases people are not wanting to spend the extra money on the "name brand" cases. Why would they if they can get a aluminum looking case for under 60$. a store locally sells raidmax cases for 39$. My daughter picked one up in the color that she likes.

Because those cases look like crap and Lian-Li looks great! :D

Seriously though, eXcaliberPC and a few other sites still sell Lian-Li cases. There's a thread in here that lists other places that still sell Lian-Li, but not sure if you can find it with the search feature off.

pcmods.com
coolerguys.com
so-trickcomputers.com
excaliberpc.com

Those are 4 I know that sell them at decent prices, I just got my PC-60 in a few days ago from excaliber for like $105 shipped:)

Probably cause Coolermaster has been beating the crap outa of them design wise for cases while Lian Li continues to stay *boxy*

Obviously its a matter of opinion, but I think Coolermaster's older cases looked FAR better than the new ones. Lian-Li obviously knows not to fix what isn't broken. :p

I like the lian-li but it has a few things going against it.

Mostly they design their cases for good aircooling, but for their price bracket, they have to consider all customers. this is a specialty product here, and not some $40 mass-market chassis. There are cases in the same price bracket with far more features, and have better design in some ways. Lian-Li will always be teh easy to work on case, but they need more than that to keep on going.

Their support is very slow, took 3 weeks to answer, and by then I found the problem with their part and already made a fix for it (it was a bad SCA backplane on their PC-72 case).

I'm not trying to bash them, as I do love their cases, but they need to move forward in design (NOT cosmetics, tehy still look fabulous) and the slow support only makes things sound bleak for them.

Originally posted by Sc0rched
Agreed, I checked out both when getting my case and I got mine from excal pc because they were a little bit cheaper on the pc-65b.
That's where I got mine - for the same reason. Nice system BTW.

Back