where can i get....

RP_JAKE454

Limp Gawd
Where can i find good overlocking utilities for free, for my cpu and/or video card.?? :confused:

Guru3d.com

has a good selection of video card overclocking programs.

AS for your CPU, you just have to tinker with the Bios.

Depends - my suggestion is put a description of your system in your profile, or in the question.
Now if you have an nvidia chipset motherboard - nforce 2 and above - look on nvidia's website for their overclock utility NOTE: some boards do not support the utility... so it may not werk for you.
For video cards atitool, rage3d tweak, power strip (google them)
here is an article that prolly still applies to nvidia video cards and overclocking (nvidia has a utility to overclock their vid cards too...)
http://www.overclockers.com.au/techstuff/a_coolbits/
Good luck and give us a bit more info ( specific cpu, motherboard, and vid card ) so we can answer your questions better...

ok sorry, im kinda new still.. but i have an amd athlon 1700 xp(i know its dated im upgrading soon and i have many questions throughout the forums.) i also have a sapphire radeon 9600xt 128, and an asus a7v333 mobo which i also have to raplace because it doesnt support more than athlon xp 2000 :mad: ..i found the ati tool which has worked great for my vid card and i found out how to Oc my cpu from the BIOS but i think it is causing voltage problems. im using cpuz for info on my processor too.. thanks alot post any replays on suggestions for mobos and cheap cpu's!

what is your power supply? how many watts is it?
if you plan to overclock I suggest a decent brand with 400 watts of power minimum.
Now you said you are going to upgrade your motherboard/cpu etc.
What is your price range and we'll give you ideas...
For example: the 9800pro is an excellent choice price /performance wise.
The best bang for buck still is the older XP series - the 2400+, 2600+ mobile chips seem to be great overclockers.
older socket 754 Athlon 64's might also be a good price/performance - especially with the via chip - so just let us know...

well i read the sticker on the inside of my case on the psu (enermax) and it says somethin like (cant remember exact) but 155 and 350 max. i already have a decent sapphire 9600xt so im not planning on a video card but i am looking to buy a mobil athlon 2500 xp m because of its good overclocking capabilities. i would like an asus mobo (cheap but with the usual bells and whistles like agp 8x and onboard audio.) my memory is AMD DDR-SDRAM PC2700-512 mb. i heard that i may need to upgrade this in order to OC the 2500 i want.. thanks i hope this clears things up.

so your psu is a max 350watt - you want to overclock so you need a new power supply. enermax is a decent brand - look at antec, sparkle, and others -
look for these things, overvolt/undervolt protection on each line - look for over 20+ amps on the +3.3v, +5v, and +12v lines (the +12v has become even more important to overclocking recently) Look for ample cooling and make sure that the psu will fit in your case..

HvyMtl said:
so your psu is a max 350watt - you want to overclock so you need a new power supply. enermax is a decent brand - look at antec, sparkle, and others -
look for these things, overvolt/undervolt protection on each line - look for over 20+ amps on the +3.3v, +5v, and +12v lines (the +12v has become even more important to overclocking recently) Look for ample cooling and make sure that the psu will fit in your case..
He doesn't need a new powersupply. :rolleyes:

Back