Where are those GTX 680 4GB's?

BusyBeaverHP

Limp Gawd
I'm sure I'm not the only one asking this. I've only seen Palit and Gainward officially launch the GTX 680 4 GB's so far, but they're not distributed in the US.

So far, I've heard from Galaxy and EVGA for the 4 GB. Which company will be the first to step it up? It's May, and I'm [H]ard for 4 GB with SLI.

The 2gb model is sold out everywhere. What are the chances you'll find a 4gb model anytime soon? :D

And you'll go [L]imp pretty fast when your order gets cancelled the first half a dozen times at Newegg trying to get one lol.

My GF definitely likes RAM. And my processor, SSD and motherboard that she will get as a result of my upgrading to a 3570K. I never get any arguments against upgrading computer gear :)

I've been waiting for a 4GB version of the 680 for some time now... this is taking forever. By the time it is available, the next set of cards will not be that far off.

I've gotta upgrade from this 8800GT at some point... I want it to be one of these. Arhg.

I saw pics of Palitt 4Gb 680s with 3 fans on them. Wonder if they'll ever be in stock.

4Gb would be awesome for SLI and 3 monitors but pretty pointless for one monitor right?
I guess unless you're running a super high resolution monitor, but even then 4Gb seems like overkill

I assume we'll see 4GB versions once the 2GB versions have a steady supply of stock...

i'm curious to see how sli gtx 680 4gb will compare vs gtx 690

4Gb would be awesome for SLI and 3 monitors but pretty pointless for one monitor right?
I guess unless you're running a super high resolution monitor, but even then 4Gb seems like overkill

Think high res monitor running skyrim with all the texture packs installed. Outside of that, or a multimonitor situation, I don't know how long it will be until mainstream games expect hardware that has that much VRAM. Of course, if you have he money, buy the toys. If you don't, see where the hopefully upcoming price wars go and you might be able to get yourself into a 3gb amd card if you're not opposed to going that way.

A lot is riding on the 670 and 660ti pricing in terms of competition and what card I upgrade to. I'd like to stay with nVidia, but they may price me out of the performance I want/will settle for.

EVGA's FTW's reference blower heatsink doesn't look too appealing. I'm waiting for non-reference designs like the Galaxy one.

I'm all for blower heatsinks. Less heat being dumped in the case the better. That being said I'm pretty sure there's going to be a good mark up since eVGA is adding "4GB" and "FTW" to the card name.

EVGA's FTW's reference blower heatsink doesn't look too appealing. I'm waiting for non-reference designs like the Galaxy one.

All good for me since I'm going to be upgrading my quad-SLI 680 sandwich.

I'm all for blower heatsinks. Less heat being dumped in the case the better. That being said I'm pretty sure there's going to be a good mark up since eVGA is adding "4GB" and "FTW" to the card name.

Word. Anything over SLI and you need a blower heatsink OR you gotta get wet.

I've got 2 gainwood phantom 4gb's that i'm going to sli on triple monitors. I had to order a new mother board tho because being 2 and a half slot cards i physically could not fit everything in there.

I like the 4Gb eVGA card cooler blowing the heat out of the case. I do want.. :D

It's May, and I'm [H]ard for 4 GB with SLI.
I'm so fucking [H]ard right now... I'm hoping that with two of those in SLI I'll at least be able to run older games maxed out in Surround with my current machine for now. I'm thinking of getting an extra 6GB RAM and hoping that I won't need a more powerful PSU.

It's mid-May now and still no sign whatsoever of any 4GB 670s or 680s. What gives? I know there are some company reps on these boards, so any explanation of these delays and/or an ETA would be appreciated.

Rumor has it that the US Government has them stored in a secret warehouse along with the Ark.

Last edited:
Still jacking off and waiting for these to come out, and then become available for purchase with non-reference coolers.

I just got a 4gb card with aftermarket cooling shipped to me today!

GTX680_4096MB_GC.jpg

4gb galaxy GTX 680 with the aftermarket cooler. The KFA version got REALLY good reviews and high overclocks, looking forward to it! If all goes well i'll sell off my reference 2gb EVGA's.

CANT WAIT TO TRY IT OUT ON MONDAY! It was just confirmed to have been shipped to me!

569.99 US, not bad at all! Its WAY CHEAPER than the EVGA FTW 4gb's, and has a better cooler.

Amazon. It was up for pre-order a few days ago, I got lucky I guess. They emailed me with an estimated date of delivery for the 22nd, and they're actually getting it to me on Monday. I was TOTALLY surprised, never thought it would ship so soon after pre-ordering!! So i'm getting a nice surprise on Monday :)

Last edited:
That looks as if you might have problems with SLI - does the cooler block the SLI cable?

Back