Where are the surround WHQL drivers?

Astrodave

[H]ard|Gawd
Taken from Kyle's surround review a few weeks back when the beta drivers first came out:

"The WHQL driver is slated for official release on 7/12/2010"

By my watch today is the 13th and the final drivers still aren't out. Where are they? Is nvidia delaying again? I do not want to install beta drivers on my system so I have been waiting for the final release drivers before I mess with my system that is running everything perfectly with the original gtx480 release drivers. Nvidia is about as reliable as a broken watch these days. Sheesh...

Taken from Kyle's surround review a few weeks back when the beta drivers first came out:

"The WHQL driver is slated for official release on 7/12/2010"

By my watch today is the 13th and the final drivers still aren't out. Where are they? Is nvidia delaying again? I do not want to install beta drivers on my system so I have been waiting for the final release drivers before I mess with my system that is running everything perfectly with the original gtx480 release drivers. Nvidia is about as reliable as a broken watch these days. Sheesh...

Beta drivers are official and fine... but if you truly care about the WHQL seal, here's the release candidate ones with extra performance boosts past the older 256 drivers: Not sure if this post was serious or being a joke based on the language, but here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-258.96-driver.html

No the post was serious, just a little aggravated with nvidia's constant failure to meet deadlines these days. It is nothing personal against anyone else. I prefer to wait for the WHQL drivers though but thanks.

July 12th driver set was essentially the same as the Surround beta except it adds support for the GTX 460.

This is a WHQL-candidate release from the Release 256 family of drivers (versions 256.xx to 259.xx). This driver package supports GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300, and 400-seri
Version: 258.96
Release Date: 2010.07.12
Operating System: Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
Language: English (U.S.)
File Size: 121 MB

Release HighlightsSupported productsAdditional information

es desktop GPUs as well as ION desktop GPUs. Learn more about Release 256 drivers here .

They work flawlessly for Surround with my SLI GTX 260s

Yeah I thought that set was supposed to be WHQL which is why I asked where the drivers are. Lots of delays with these guys lately.

Well.. My only gripe about this new beta drivers is, in my 295 on surround the driver will not prompt you to have an option for bezel management. I hope NV fix this issue when the WHQL driver comes out.

Yeah I thought that set was supposed to be WHQL which is why I asked where the drivers are. Lots of delays with these guys lately.

And look at the results. I just find it funny people get on companies when they rush a product then some of those SAME people get upset when there's delays. Personally I'm a do it right the first time type myself.

In any case you're just making stuff up. The drivers are out whatever label is on them and they are delivering the best multi-monitor gaming experience on the planet, says everybody that's reviewed it.

It's pretty silly to be sitting on your hands with all that hardware because you've simply decided that you won't install beta drivers. There are beta drivers and then there are beta drivers. These drivers are perfectly fine. Even if you have problems with them, they're not going to secretly pee on your hardware and ruin it.

It just makes no sense to sit there pouting in the corner while everyone else enjoys themselves.

It just makes no sense to sit there pouting in the corner while everyone else enjoys themselves.

What's even sillier is that even in beta form these drivers are BETTER at multi-monitor than AMD's production drivers. It's only a label.:cool:

Every game that has proper support for 2D and 3D Surround works FANTASTICLY for me.

Back