Where are the IPS G-Sync monitors?

Jumpem

Gawd
There don't appear to be any available.

You can get G-Sync, but not an IPS panel. Or you can get an IPS panel, but without G-Sync.

There also seems to be a lack of G-Sync panels in general. There are maybe four or five models available. I don't understand why monitor makers are not scrambling to update their models and include G-Sync.

nbuubu

Limp Gawd
GSync is really targeted at gaming setups that push the framerate over 60 ... and IPS monitors that can go above 60hz are pretty damn rare.

http://www.blurbusters.com/overclock/120hz-1440p-ips-monitors/

Here are a couple of the IPS panels capable of going over 60hz, and they're still very recent.

Gsync adoption has been pretty slow, and I suspect there are more than a few production issues delaying release. Been waiting for the Benq XL2720G for a while now. I have an HP ZR30W IPS on my desk as my main monitor but kind of want a decent 27inch at 1080p for a couple of my consoles and for the occasional PC game. Never as a primary screen. It's TN and not ideal quality-wise, but I just don't trust that IPS monitors will get latency down to TN levels any time soon.

Skripka

[H]F Junkie
There don't appear to be any available.

You can get G-Sync, but not an IPS panel. Or you can get an IPS panel, but without G-Sync.

There also seems to be a lack of G-Sync panels in general. There are maybe four or five models available. I don't understand why monitor makers are not scrambling to update their models and include G-Sync.
May have something to do with the fact that G-sync is something that only gamers care about...and IPS panels are something that in the minds of manufacturers are a productivity tool where framerate is less than important 99% of the time.

Jumpem

Gawd
GSync is really targeted at gaming setups that push the framerate over 60 ... and IPS monitors that can go above 60hz are pretty damn rare.

http://www.blurbusters.com/overclock/120hz-1440p-ips-monitors/

Here are a couple of the IPS panels capable of going over 60hz, and they're still very recent.

Gsync adoption has been pretty slow, and I suspect there are more than a few production issues delaying release. Been waiting for the Benq XL2720G for a while now. I have an HP ZR30W IPS on my desk as my main monitor but kind of want a decent 27inch at 1080p for a couple of my consoles and for the occasional PC game. Never as a primary screen. It's TN and not ideal quality-wise, but I just don't trust that IPS monitors will get latency down to TN levels any time soon.
Hmm. I thought the opposite. I thought the main advantage of G-Sync was to keep the display smooth when frame rates fluctuated between 30 and 60. I viewed it as a solution to allow one to get by with less capable hardware, or to push higher resolutions and video settings.

Colonel Sanders

Supreme [H]ardness
No, both wrong. G-sync is simply a way to get rid of tearing, stutters, and input lag. The fact that it looks better at lower framerates compared to non G-sync is a side effect of that.

Skunt

Limp Gawd
Probably gonna be awhile. There's barely any G-sync TN panels and there's a pretty hefty premium too.