Where are the IPS G-Sync monitors?

Jumpem

[H]ard|Gawd
There don't appear to be any available.

You can get G-Sync, but not an IPS panel. Or you can get an IPS panel, but without G-Sync.

There also seems to be a lack of G-Sync panels in general. There are maybe four or five models available. I don't understand why monitor makers are not scrambling to update their models and include G-Sync.

GSync is really targeted at gaming setups that push the framerate over 60 ... and IPS monitors that can go above 60hz are pretty damn rare.

http://www.blurbusters.com/overclock/120hz-1440p-ips-monitors/

Here are a couple of the IPS panels capable of going over 60hz, and they're still very recent.

Gsync adoption has been pretty slow, and I suspect there are more than a few production issues delaying release. Been waiting for the Benq XL2720G for a while now. I have an HP ZR30W IPS on my desk as my main monitor but kind of want a decent 27inch at 1080p for a couple of my consoles and for the occasional PC game. Never as a primary screen. It's TN and not ideal quality-wise, but I just don't trust that IPS monitors will get latency down to TN levels any time soon.

There don't appear to be any available.

You can get G-Sync, but not an IPS panel. Or you can get an IPS panel, but without G-Sync.

There also seems to be a lack of G-Sync panels in general. There are maybe four or five models available. I don't understand why monitor makers are not scrambling to update their models and include G-Sync.

May have something to do with the fact that G-sync is something that only gamers care about...and IPS panels are something that in the minds of manufacturers are a productivity tool where framerate is less than important 99% of the time.

GSync is really targeted at gaming setups that push the framerate over 60 ... and IPS monitors that can go above 60hz are pretty damn rare.

http://www.blurbusters.com/overclock/120hz-1440p-ips-monitors/

Here are a couple of the IPS panels capable of going over 60hz, and they're still very recent.

Gsync adoption has been pretty slow, and I suspect there are more than a few production issues delaying release. Been waiting for the Benq XL2720G for a while now. I have an HP ZR30W IPS on my desk as my main monitor but kind of want a decent 27inch at 1080p for a couple of my consoles and for the occasional PC game. Never as a primary screen. It's TN and not ideal quality-wise, but I just don't trust that IPS monitors will get latency down to TN levels any time soon.

Hmm. I thought the opposite. I thought the main advantage of G-Sync was to keep the display smooth when frame rates fluctuated between 30 and 60. I viewed it as a solution to allow one to get by with less capable hardware, or to push higher resolutions and video settings.

No, both wrong. G-sync is simply a way to get rid of tearing, stutters, and input lag. The fact that it looks better at lower framerates compared to non G-sync is a side effect of that.

Probably gonna be awhile. There's barely any G-sync TN panels and there's a pretty hefty premium too.

Back