When will the miner wars be over?

Hey miners, I have 2 of the exact same 2016 model year car for sale, one has 13k miles and the other has 130k miles, you all would prefer to buy the 130k mile one because it was driven "gently" 18 hours a day right?

Kind if pissed right now because I am looking to upgrade and all you miners are fucking the prices of cards up. Though trying to say your abused cards are better than cards used for gaming is just plain stupid as I showed in my car example.

stupid example. Car has moving parts this is all silicon other than the fan. Don't tell me your fan isn't fuckin spinning on auto if your computer is on. Proven fact is GPUs are better if they run at a constant temp then hot and cold. Knowledge is power.

Hey miners, I have 2 of the exact same 2016 model year car for sale, one has 13k miles and the other has 130k miles, you all would prefer to buy the 130k mile one because it was driven "gently" 18 hours a day right?

Kind if pissed right now because I am looking to upgrade and all you miners are fucking the prices of cards up. Though trying to say your abused cards are better than cards used for gaming is just plain stupid as I showed in my car example.

This sentiment is one of most insane things I've heard, and I've heard a lot. You're upset at other customers, that they are using their card, which they OWN, a certain way you don't approve of? Newsflash they are the highest bidders and they don't have to ask your permission on what to do with their personal property.

You can blame the fabs, supply chain, AMD, Nvidia, retailers, corporate America, aliens, or anything you want but you cannot whine about what end users do with their purchased goods just because they had more money to buy it at market prices... you are not entitled to buying a card at a lower price than everyone else just because you will use it for a different task than they.

Last edited:
The car example you provided is a fail.

Let's put it to a more real world car example.

A) You can buy this year old rental Ford Mustang that was only rented 60 weeks out of a year, but was a fav pick for prom dances, hot rodding, and the expected red light rental car burnouts.

B) Or you can buy this year old mustang that was owned by an 80 year old man who drove it a couple miles every day (15mph under the speed limit) for a year -- to the grocery store, choir practice, church, the library, and to visit his sister.

That comparison better accounts for the concept of undervolting that miners do vs overvolting the gamers do.

Having purchased a sporty car from an old timer and his wife myself, and having perfect reliability with it since 2006. I sure know which I'd choose.

I like how miners are selling cards in troves and asking inflated prices for them still. GL!

I'll buy a mining card, if it's an EVGA GTX 1070 FTW or EVGA GTX 1080 FTW and priced right

Last edited:
I like how miners are selling cards in troves and asking inflated prices for them still. GL!

That won't last for long, trust me. You'll see lower-than-MSRP real fast with Eth / ZCash profitability being so marginal.

They need the equivalent of an odometer for video cards, would love seeing miners get fucked when they have to sell their cards at deep discounts for running the cards for thousands of hours.

They need the equivalent of an odometer for video cards, would love seeing miners get fucked when they have to sell their cards at deep discounts for running the cards for thousands of hours.

You couldn't be more misinformed. I will add you to the list of miner hater and someone who things video cardz are like a car that has so many fuckin moving parts. Common man! It's all electronics with only the moving part being the fan. may be we should have an odometer with card was underclocked and ran at less voltage? No? Vs those that were run overclocked? Yep didn't think so! Lol

yep.

especially with warranties.

the worst part about buying a mined card is the fan. the silicon or ram rarely, if ever, fails. its the fans, caps, ic, wires, slot etc etc before its ever the silicon...

EDIT: your 300$ card is made better than a $400 console. even STILL today, which i am amazed at.

Why so butthurt?

If it chaps your britches so bad, why don't you start mining and stop bitching?

Yeah because I'm going to write "15 mining cards used constantly for the past 2 years".
I'm just going to write "I have a GTX 1060 for sale". And then set the price right and let first 15 guys buy the cards.

5200_miner_2049er.jpg

Back