When will prices drop?

LaAaZ

Limp Gawd
I was hoping to pick up a 1070 or a 1070ti in February or March, but now I am sorry I didn't get one back in December.

When do you think the prices will come back down?

Probably never. I'm pretty sure crypto mining is here to stay.

Just backorder to a much lower price or order abroad.

Keep trying Nvidia, EVGA etc...

While not MSRP, they are lower than anything else out there I could find.

At this point, it's cheaper to buy s high end pre-built gaming PC than it is to build one yourself .

Buy a pre-built and sell the stuff you don't need?
My only suggestion at this point.

we have no more 1080ti left in norway lol, and resell prices are mad atm. ppl sell for what they buyed it for or even alot more. ppl even hoard cards and sell rigs here in norway. not sure i will sell mine for more then i paid, i dont think so. but know nothing of performance on new cards, migth just need to wait a year for titanium card. can definately blame mining i think... but it is nice to get a good price for used card tho. same goes for most ppl when they first buy into it i guess. someone always have to pay in the end! just like cryptocurrency.. it is like lottery, alot of ppl pay for some few ppl to get filty rich.

The prices for the 1080 / 1080Ti / 1070 & 1070Ti are actually going up on the Wholesale market even as actual buying demand at high prices is leveling off.
I'm not sure what the chip production is like or if they have totally shut down those production lines to make way for the new stuff.

Pretty much if you can grab one of one of the makers like EVGA's website when they offer them at the new (inflated) prices, I'd grab it, as they are still way below what is on the more open market.

If you can't wait, I would suggest if you want a card for yourself to game on, you watch the EVGA web site like a hawk and get notifications via e-mail on all the ones you are interested in.

If you can wait, then I would also suggest holding out till March / April & see if you can snag one of the new 20xx line cards at MSRP or close, as they will probably be at least close in price to what the 10xx series is currently selling for.

not much lol :p except for gaming x those prices are astronomical compared to around released. even the most bleeding edge 1080ti didnt cost that much even the aio ones not even that. i paid 7600 nkr for my Ti at released.

i would wait for new cards also, if u are fast and know aprox time they release it should be possible to buy i hope. atleast here in norway if u are reasonably fast it is very possible, i could easily get 1080 and ti at release. they dont make more cards at nvidia now, read just recently! to clear stocks.

not much lol :p except for gaming x those prices are astronomical compared to around released. even the most bleeding edge 1080ti didnt cost that much even the aio ones not even that. i paid 7600 nkr for my Ti at released.

i would wait for new cards also, if u are fast and know aprox time they release it should be possible to buy i hope. atleast here in norway if u are reasonably fast it is very possible, i could easily get 1080 and ti at release. they dont make more cards at nvidia now, read just recently! to clear stocks.

Nvidia cards are in stock all over Europe and you can just backorder at the lowest price. Same day or waiting a few days for a backorder isn't going to be all crazy.

They will never drop. Capitalism is favoring miners and 86'd the gamers.

Last edited:
I was hoping to pick up a 1070 or a 1070ti in February or March, but now I am sorry I didn't get one back in December.

When do you think the prices will come back down?
buy this prebuilt Acer Predator with 32GB of RAM, 7700k, 256GB SSD, 1TB platter, and a 1070 for $1100

https://slickdeals.net/f/11292059-costco-members-acer-predator-desktop-i7-7700-32gb-ddr4-gtx-1070-1100-free-store-pick-up?sdxt01=2018-02-20+22:16:00&sdxt07=0&utm_source=dealalerts&utm_medium=em-i&utm_term=18130&utm_content=260193&utm_campaign=tu4&p=112398523&src=da_si_v2_43611031

or this prebuilt HP Omen
https://slickdeals.net/f/11271651-i...070-8gb-1199-gtx-1080-8gb-90?src=rcm_category

sell off the extras - get your 1070 for next to free.

Last edited:
there are like so much tax to pay when buying from outside norway. above 45 dollar they ontop of tax take half of that in processing cost ontop of the tax, hardly ever much point to buy alot of things above 45 usd, cuz with tax and all it often can be more expensive or same price. but i dont need any 1080ti as i got one but, just looking at how it is atm here in norway. most time i buy it's small stuff, or just things that are impossible to find here.

I am seeing a constant stream of 1080ti for $899. Evga has bundled deals for a 1080 Gaming and a 240mm CPU cooler for $689. Ive really only being watching for 1080tis but i wanted to spend $799... mining profits tanked for me, i expected supply to catch up but its been holding for awhile like this.

I still do not understand who in the heck is buying AMD Vega 64s for $1199 or 56 for $999.

Probably never. I'm pretty sure crypto mining is here to stay.

It maybe here for a while, but it is not (mining) here to stay. You cannot print money indefinitely, eventually either inflation will make crypto currency worth less than mining costs, or the difficulty in making new 'currency' will make it not cost effective.

I guess retailers never heard of "limit 2 per customer"? It will take a while for miners to gather enough friends together to get the dozen or so cards that they desire if limits are in place.

I guess retailers never heard of "limit 2 per customer"? It will take a while for miners to gather enough friends together to get the dozen or so cards that they desire if limits are in place.
what?

most every retailer has limit 1 or 2... (with the exception of B&H Photo, and sometimes Amazon)

I think the higher prices are here to stay. I do expect it to be easier to get cards for MSRP soon but I don't see the prices coming down to summer/fall 2017 levels.

It maybe here for a while, but it is not (mining) here to stay. You cannot print money indefinitely, eventually either inflation will make crypto currency worth less than mining costs, or the difficulty in making new 'currency' will make it not cost effective.

I think you're a bit confused.
Crypto is not printing new money, people are investing the money that already exists.

Those gaming systems weren't bad. If I knew somebody who needed a computer, I would buy one swap out a few of the parts and sell it.

I think the higher prices are here to stay. I do expect it to be easier to get cards for MSRP soon but I don't see the prices coming down to summer/fall 2017 levels.

Just backorder to a lower price.

probably never...it's absolutely retarded and autism at this point.... and you thought ram was bad....

your post makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense. People are investing real money into fake currency, and playing a betting game. Every time people invest money (to buy fake currency), the price of that fake currency goes up. Every time they sell, the price goes down. You can manipulate prices by making large strategic sales/buys, or spreading rumors on forums like these. More trading volume invites more real money "investors" to bet their wad.

It's no stranger than being a stock day trader. Or being a professional poker player. Large quantities of cash have a tendency to go from one pocket to the next, if there is a potential to get-rich-quick.

what?

most every retailer has limit 1 or 2... (with the exception of B&H Photo, and sometimes Amazon)

Some Newegg sellers don't . I just put 50 1080ti's in a cart and it gave me the last 24 that were available.

Last edited:
I think (really... hope) prices will drop in a year or two, manufacturers are hesitant to ramp up production due to the volatile nature of cryptocurreny, which means if cryptocurrency is still a thing in a year or two this will hopefully ease their concern and they'll ramp up production.

Ugh I'll be building a new gaming pc this April. It's mmo gaming so I don't need a powerful gpu but man 1060's are at $400-500. Would pairing an i7 8700/r7 2700 with a 1050 ti for a stop gap till new cards launch or prices drop a good idea?

Ugh I'll be building a new gaming pc this April. It's mmo gaming so I don't need a powerful gpu but man 1060's are at $400-500. Would pairing an i7 8700/r7 2700 with a 1050 ti for a stop gap till new cards launch or prices drop a good idea?
Here is an idea, build a Ryzen 3 or Ryzen 5 system and use integrated graphics for now. The 2200g and 2400g are almost on par with the gtx 1030. Then upgrade to discrete gpu if prices normalize with the new cards. By the way, I don't think they will normalize. In any case the integrated graphics on those apu's are damn impressive and would work well for mlld to moderately demanding games. Especially if you don't mind lower resolution and settings.

IGP gaming, you can just as well not to avoid 1080p max and low settings at 30fps. And to replace a 8700K with a slow APU...

Just learn to backorder and you can get cheap GPUs.

Am kicking myself from not buying that evga gtx 1060 ftw2 on Newegg back in December priced at Php 13,000 that's like $260 only >.<

As long as ANY cryptocurrency is minable on GPUs, those two quotes you have will be as relevant as
Bill Gates once saying 640K of memory was more than anyone needed. He was wrong of course and Nvidia and AMD will never make the mark on those quotes either.
They will never catch up when the unwashed masses want a get rich quick scheme.

nowinstock.net says Amazon has a bunch of EVGA 1080 ti at MSRP or close.
As for 1070/1070 Ti probably you won't find anything lower than a 550. Just setup nowinstock.net browser alerts and you will get lucky.
I got lucky many times.

Back