When to send refund for damaged goods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky1_2007

2[H]4U
So, long story short, sold a power supply to bigted here on the forums.

im submitting a UPS claim currently to get refunded for a replacement.

What's the normal protocol for sending a paypal refund for the damaged goods?

immediately? until the package gets picked up by UPS for the claim? or when?

Thanks, i just dont want to send a refund right away and be SOL if UPS wants to come pick up the package to inspect it.

IMHO you send the refund right away....its not the buyers problems that the package got damaged..you issue the refund right away and then you deal with the insurance....

that being said, you need to trust that the buyer will make the package available for UPS when they need to pick it up ...so I can see where the question about when to refund would come up.....

so in closing, Ive probably been no help at all..:)

I think under those circumstances, you need to cover your own ass first or you could possibly be out of the power supply and the cash.

I would say once you get confirmation that the power supply has been picked up by UPS it would be the good time to give teh refund (that way you dont get screwed)

One thing you guys need to take into consideration is that UPS may very well deny any claim submitted, or at the very least, it could take many weeks to process

One thing I do know is that unless the item was packed extremely well, they are going to deny it based on improper packaging

Also,If there is no physical damage to the box, they will deny it

now, how is it fair for a buyer to have to wait for his refund when his sole responsibility was to send money, and he fulfilled that responsibility?

One thing you guys need to take into consideration is that UPS may very well deny any claim submitted, or at the very least, it could take many weeks to process

One thing I do know is that unless the item was packed extremely well, they are going to deny it based on improper packaging

Also,If there is no physical damage to the box, they will deny it

now, how is it fair for a buyer to have to wait for his refund when his sole responsibility was to send money, and he fulfilled that responsibility?

yeah, i feel that i packaged it quite well, but when i asked the buyer said the box looked like it had seen better days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back