when to buy c2d?

badbadtz560

Limp Gawd
I've heard of all tehse price drops and everything on these suckers.. but I haven't seen any price drops. page computer seems to have a nice deal on ram, and the mobos are down to the 150ish area.. so i'm ready to upgrade to c2d.. but when's the time to buy it?

When your current system cannot perform the tasks you want it to do to your satisfaction.

the lower end core 2 duo is not going to drop too much in price... Intel would rather sell you single core/celeron for lower price when they don't have any competition from AMD...

I bought my core 2 duo for $150 and that is about lowest it will ever go for a high performance cpu architecture from intel... Recently the price has inflated since there's no competition and good overclock ability... Maybe year from now it might be $100...

Simple.. Get it when you need it, you'll always be missing the next pricedrop anyways...

oh ok I thought the price would drop on the e4300s in a few weeks. so for now, buying an e6300 is probably better than e4300 if i'm not gonna oc? since they have the same pricing?

Actually, you could wait for the price drops in the CD2 then wait for the K8L core quad-core AMDs, then the 8 core Intels and so on and so... :p

There's always something faster and cheaper right around the corner. Go ahead and buy it now. Unless you're really short on cash, of course. Then it might be worth to wait for a price drop (or you could just buy an e6300 and overclock the sucker; that's what I did).

I bought my C2D E6600 a few months ago, and it's now actually MORE expensive than it was then... only by about 10-15e, but still.

>> well taht sux.. so the e4300 will never drop below the e6300? <<

yes, it's gonna drop like $50 pretty soon. Should be $133 in Q1 2007, and $113 in Q2 2007 IIRC.

Back