When Nerds Graduate

Probably have an over the counter LED display like that that will fit in that space, and take less time to do.

Wonder how many caps he destroyed making the one that he showed off in the video.

Like any school would allow that to remain on a student. You have to give him a 1 finger salute for coming up with a new idea though.

Chinese knockoffs soon to come.:D

Like any school would allow that to remain on a student. You have to give him a 1 finger salute for coming up with a new idea though.

Chinese knockoffs soon to come.:D
Well, he did show a bunch of grads with worse 'mods'.

Well, that's one cap he doesn't want to throw up into the air.

Do most schools even allow you to do that? I know that we were not allowed to over 10 years ago when i graduated high school. I have known some schools to give you a blank deploma when you walk up on stage then will mail you the real one. Then they threaten you that tossing your cap would result in your being denied your deploma. Think they do it by issuing you a suspension making it so that you didn't actually "complete" that year.

I have not heard of a school allowing you to toss your caps in a long time.

Do most schools even allow you to do that? I know that we were not allowed to over 10 years ago when i graduated high school. I have known some schools to give you a blank deploma when you walk up on stage then will mail you the real one. Then they threaten you that tossing your cap would result in your being denied your deploma. Think they do it by issuing you a suspension making it so that you didn't actually "complete" that year.

When I graduated, you signed your cap and robe out. If you didn't return them in the same condition, you paid for it.

Looks like this kid would have bought his cap, so who cares?

I graduated in 2005 and we were actually instructed to all throw our caps when the cannons shot, but I guess my HS was full of win. :p

I doubt this kid will make any $ selling advertising space on his LED-modded grad cap.

Mine didn't allow us to do that either (for "safety reasons" :mad: ), but people tossed their caps anyway.

When I graduated, you signed your cap and robe out. If you didn't return them in the same condition, you paid for it.

Looks like this kid would have bought his cap, so who cares?

We had to buy ours. Think it was around $100 - $150

I doubt this kid will make any $ selling advertising space on his LED-modded grad cap.

Mine didn't allow us to do that either (for "safety reasons" :mad: ), but people tossed their caps anyway.

Yeah, that is what ours said and what other say. For safety reasons. They are afraid somebody is going to get a pointy corner in the eye trying to watch for theirs to land. That or somebody get stepped on bending over to pick up there cap in a crowd.

16x16 monochrome resolution?

Couldn't he have just gutted a small picture frame lcd and gotten at least VGA out of it?

He should have used tri-colored LEDs.

I wonder how many dead pixels there will be at show time? :D

Such a waste of time. Does he actually think he's going to get anyone to pay for advertising?

In my uni, students are only required to behave in the hall. Once the VIP has left, we're allowed to celebrate and take pictures outside or anywhere in the campus compound. Its probably not as epic as the whole graduating bunch tossing their hat at once, as we only have small groups of people doing it here and there :D

But yeah, we get a blank scroll and have to collect it after the ceremony

My highschool didn't even get to wear the traditional graduation garb. We had to wear a tuxedo with a white dinner jacket :O, not hat :(

lol that sucks fnmeng....wuts u graduate from, the love boat?
isaac.jpg

Yeah, that is what ours said and what other say. For safety reasons. They are afraid somebody is going to get a pointy corner in the eye trying to watch for theirs to land. That or somebody get stepped on bending over to pick up there cap in a crowd.
It makes me roll my eyes when principals put the kibosh on a traditional act such as tossing the cap to mark graduation. If they're so paranoid about safety, then how about not even letting people partake in the ceremony. Hell, maybe a storm will roll in and lightning will strike the grads! :eek: (Well, that did almost happen in IL or OH last week when a tornado struck a small town high school literally hours before graduation ceremony.)

Shit, I graduated in 2000 and we tossed our caps.
If we had fake scrolls and restrictions, I would have skipped graduation all together. Not like I really wanted to go in the first place. (We had it in a different city 50 miles away. Kinda stupid really.)

Grade schools today, make me sad.

Back