When Kittens Attack

Originally posted by EagleTG
Just wear iron-clad gloves with chain-mail shirt and sleeves, cuz if kitty is fully armed (read: claws), he/she will retaliate for your water induced actions.

ROFLMAO...that is so true. Nothing like getting your hands, arms, chest and face shredded by a cat.

PS: Take a deep breath, don't hurt the cat. You'll regret it later when your not pissed anymore, plus your wife will remember it forever and you will pay dearly. :)

I reccomend enclosing your watercooling system in something a little less.. umm.. 'ghetto' :D
Then there will be no problems, because there won't be anything for the cat to knock over etc. :p

This is reason number 1 why my wife's cat (and my wife for that matter) aren't allowed in my office near my PCs. Of course I do leave my laptop in the bedroom, and the cat loves to sleep on it for warmth. Sucks that that little furball of doom killed your rig though.

Originally posted by ST|FFY
u should just stick with dogs, they dont climb up stuff and knock down other things

ditto. jackrussles can jump, but they can't jump high enough to reach my pc ;) ; and thank god my pc isn't on the floor. I swear my yellow lab has no nerve endings in his tail. He can wack it against anything, very hard, and not feel a thing. There is just too much damage he could do hehe.

Sorry about your comp...

just out of curiosity, is your arrogant bastard rig named after the beer brewed by stone brewing company?

cat proof your house. if that fan didnt get knocked over, your cat would have probably chewed a wire or water hose eventually.

i used citrus air fresheners and citrus scented spray to train my cat to stay away from my wires.

meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow.
mew.

if only i had masterbated this weekend... then maybe god would have killed that little kitten before it ruined such a nice computer :(

Originally posted by liquidtrance123
oh jesus not again......its a joke people, its not real. my god:rolleyes:

I took it as a joke and thought it was funny. Good Lords guys, get a sense of humor and lighten up.

Had a chance to pull my machine apart last night and check out the damage. I started out by removing the dead water pump from the hoses coming out of the back of the box. I attempted to drain the liquid out using the old suck and blow method and was unable to make the liquid budge. So, I had to remove the entire system all at once by disconnecting the water blocks from the various components inside.

After the WC system was totally out of the box, I disconnected each bit of hose and drained it into a measuring cup. I got to the water block for CPU 1 and found the blockage. Apparently the blacklight reactive goop I mixed into my cooling solution does not hold up well under high heat as it had solidified in the water block totally killing all liquid flow. The bottom of the block had some really nice burnt discolorations on the copper plate and the CPU had a nice baked finish.

It is not dust. the mixture was 50% distilled water, 50% rubbing Alcohol and then a full bottle of blacklight reactive fluid..... Not sure of the mixture %s between the blacklight fluid and the water/alcohol but that is what you see in the water... its all burned up..

I feel your pain, a few years ago, my cat climbed up upon my monitor and puked in it. Shortly after (give or take three seconds) lots and lots and lots of white smoke poured out of my precious trinitron monitor. My house was filled with the smell of burning cat puke for several days afterwards. Needless to say, the monitor was pooched, and I had to spring for another one.

Moral of the story? Don't allow balemic cats to sleep on top of your monitor. l

Perfect demonstration of "The Law of Unintended Consequences"... hate to say this, but that'll teach ya to leave critical components exposed like that... :(

I have enough problem when my cats fur gets pulled by the static to the monitor, I feel for you and have mercy on the feline friend

Tex,

I totally agree. I had originally placed the water pump inside the case but got concerened about airflow as it was right infront of the radiator and the only intake of air in the macine.. I was fearing for my NB which did not have a block on it but a simple heat sink... Also over the span of about 6-8 months the resivore needed to be refilled and it was a real pain in the ass to do with it in the case. So I moved it out and dropped a few degrees ambient and felt everything was good.... little did I know.

Chalk it up to experience I guess. Next time I'll no....

Hence Iam skeptical of Water cooling. as far as the Cat, put in a burlap sack and drown it :p.

Originally posted by Wrench00
Hence Iam skeptical of Water cooling. as far as the Cat, put in a burlap sack and drown it :p.
it's the same thing as if the cat knocked over the fan into the case breaking your heatsink... or breaking off the fan... it wasn't the user's error or anything...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by liquidtrance123
cute or not if the kitty did that to my baby, it'd be time for this....

http://www.bonsaikitten.com/gray.html

Man, for half a second, i thought that was real, thats not really that funny though :rolleyes:

On the computer topic, yeah my cat does the same crap, always knocking stuff down, cats seem to get pleasure of knocking stuff on the floor, damn felines :p

I don't call my cat SID Vicious for nothing.
He used to crawl around in my network ops cabinet basically unplugging my router, switches, and 802.11G repeater.

sid.jpg

I can't beat him though. He's a defenseless cat and I loves him!

Psyko M.

pskyomantis: you should take a picture of that cat without flash, it makes his blue eyes look messed up.

Sid's elusive. He's not easy to take a picture of.

You have to surprise him in the dark to capture his image before he breaks loose.

Psyko M.

Everyone saying that they don't beat their kitty. Your talking about a mild thwap every now and then as a.. "I mean't NO don't do that." or do you mean beat as in with a 2x4 and excessive force? I agree the 2x4 has no place but some mild negative reinforcement go's a long way with the animals.

lmao...cute kitty. :)

My kittens always sat on my monitor. NEver broke it but when they wrestled it would shake the monitor. :D

Originally posted by ewarz
cat proof your house

Like thats even possible... At lease once a day I think to myself "How the holy hell did you get up/in there?!".

My cat lays on top of my flat panel (yes panel) monitor. I don't know how he balances while sleeping :)

But luckily, he isn't into killing computers (yet). He sticks to pens, toys, and the ocassional dog. He's quite content with attacking our German Shepherd. It's the tiger (he's a bengel) in him I guess .. *shrug*

Sorry about your compy, but it's a blessing in disguise!

Back