When is Wipeout HD coming out? I must know.

finalgt

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm not very big into console games, but I just got a PS3 along with a 60" Bravia (yay bonuses). If I was to get a console for playing games, it would have been a Wii - but I'm not going to go out of my way searching for one, and I wanted Blu-Ray capability, even though every other player except the PS3 looks like it's going to be made outdated by Profile 2.0. Anyway, that's besides the point.

I was just fooling around when I noticed that Wipeout HD was set to come out late 2007, which I nearly flipped the fuck out over - none of the current games (downloadable or store-bought) appeal to me whatsoever, but Wipeout...oh man, I absolutely loved that game. Anybody know the word on how long it's been delayed for?

Odd that there isn't much information for it. I was a huge fan of Wipeout for PS1, so I'll be all over this when it's released, but I can't find any dates for it either.

Wipeout HD is an updated version of the PSP game and has not really generated a lot of interest. From the screenshots its not really looking like a visual force, and there has been little information on new features/modes/effects to convince people this game will be really worth buying. I love the Wipeout series too, I am hoping this game is a sleeper hit and not a PSP port just to get something on the shelf.

It's basically just a 'best of' port from what I can tell, but I'm still interested. I believe its goal is to whet our appetites for an original PS3 game in the near future. I haven't played the series since the first Playstation so it will be new to me at least.

Wipeout HD is an updated version of the PSP game and has not really generated a lot of interest. From the screenshots its not really looking like a visual force, and there has been little information on new features/modes/effects to convince people this game will be really worth buying. I love the Wipeout series too, I am hoping this game is a sleeper hit and not a PSP port just to get something on the shelf.

You kidding? There is TONS of interest/hype for this title. Its more than an updated PSP version, there are updated tracks from the original games, new music, 1080p 60FPS. The previews have shown some pretty impressive graphics, with the city backdrops etc.

Its just a downloadable title and will probably be about 19.95 to purchase. Also with the multiplayer over PSN there will be no reason not to own if you have any love for the series.

Wipeout HD will be good. It's essentially a remix of the old games re-textured and updated. A totally new Wipeout game built from the ground up for PS3 is also in the works but I think that's a 2009 title.

You kidding? There is TONS of interest/hype for this title. Its more than an updated PSP version, there are updated tracks from the original games, new music, 1080p 60FPS. The previews have shown some pretty impressive graphics, with the city backdrops etc.

Its just a downloadable title and will probably be about 19.95 to purchase.

Ok still not seeing the hype you are talking about. I will definitley pick it up for $20, but its not getting anywhere near the hype that "FPS flavor of the month" is getting.

Back