When does AMD usually make announcements,?

travm

[H]ard|Gawd
Teasing yesterday about a possible announcement today, assuming they actually intend to make an announcement, when do they typically do that? Or is it random?

Oct 28 so we can just get more info about RNDA2, lol. I hope Nvidia has much more cards than rumored since they will probably sell everyone out while people get bored waiting.

Your birthday is Oct. 8? So is mine!
Eagle River?!?!
tumblr_mhi9fahcw11qb05aco7_r1_250.gif

So they announced they are going to announce something next month.
That's so AMD. Hype the announcement announcement.

Oct 28th at press conference:

Key note speaker: "Who here is ready for BIIIIIGG NAAAAVIIII?"
Crowd: (Cheering loudly)
Key note speaker: "Coming next month, the XBOX series X. There is your big Navi you stupid sheep!" (walks off stage)
Crowd: (puzzled faces, in shock)

Nvidia did the exact same thing.
I don't pay much attention to Nvidia announcements.
I wasn't trying to be negative, but AMD does have a rep for hyping things that aren't that exciting, like more announcements.

I don't pay much attention to Nvidia announcements.
I wasn't trying to be negative, but AMD does have a rep for hyping things that aren't that exciting, like more announcements.

I'd prefer they cut the bullshit and just give us numbers and a launch date as well, but we have to wait til the 28th, then likely wait again unless they have stock available same day (unlikely) :(

I'm also looking forward to Zen 3, which will hopefully lead to some bargains on Zen 2

I'd prefer they cut the bullshit and just give us numbers and a launch date as well, but we have to wait til the 28th, then likely wait again unless they have stock available same day (unlikely) :(
I was secretly hoping they were going to announce cards with instant availability. One can dream.
Release cycles aren't what they used to be

Can't wait for all this nice new hardware. I really hope that AMD will deliver. I mean the 5700XT wasn't a bad card and if they can have one with double the cores and a higher clock + RDNA2 improvements, that could bring even more excitement into the market, maybe we will see a counter by Nvidia or something like that. I really like that there is more life in this space again.

Can't wait for all this nice new hardware. I really hope that AMD will deliver. I mean the 5700XT wasn't a bad card and if they can have one with double the cores and a higher clock + RDNA2 improvements, that could bring even more excitement into the market, maybe we will see a counter by Nvidia or something like that. I really like that there is more life in this space again.
I know it's tough with how complex GPUs have gotten but I would really like to replace my 580s with something from the same $200 price bracket that is an actual upgrade. The 5700 is the card but pricing is still crypto insane. Hopefully this cycle gets the cost down and crypto stays away.
Maybe Intel will help with that too. They might have to live as the value brand for a couple years.

I know it's tough with how complex GPUs have gotten but I would really like to replace my 580s with something from the same $200 price bracket that is an actual upgrade. The 5700 is the card but pricing is still crypto insane. Hopefully this cycle gets the cost down and crypto stays away.
Maybe Intel will help with that too. They might have to live as the value brand for a couple years.

I have not made the move to 4K gaming yet and the RX 5700 with the flash can handle 1080p and I am more into Zen 3 then a new gpu at the moment

Back