• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

When are ATI's next cards coming out?

They are still ding x2's

The next gen is rumored to be dx11 and q4 2009, however there are all sorts of rumors about an upgraded r770 core, which is the r790, and an upgraded r730 core, which would be the r740.

Not much has been proven on those rumors though, and no annoucements yet.
 
I would have at least expected a refresh with some clock speed bumps before the new cards arrived.
 
I would have at least expected a refresh with some clock speed bumps before the new cards arrived.

I still wouldn't be surprised if there was a clock speed bump between now and Q4. That's a long time from now.
 
There's something coming out in March.
5800 or "4900" refresh, who knows.

Q4 2009 until the next cards? You people are high.
The 4800's are already over 6 months old, you think ATI is going to wait a total of 1.5 years before releasing new cards?
 
There's something coming out in March.
5800 or "4900" refresh, who knows.

Q4 2009 until the next cards? You people are high.
The 4800's are already over 6 months old, you think ATI is going to wait a total of 1.5 years before releasing new cards?

I am betting that they do have a refresh with a increase in speed or something along those lines.

They will most likley be coming out in Q4 with DX11 because that is when that releases and why would ATi still give DX10 a push when something new is coming out?
 
They will most likley be coming out in Q4 with DX11 because that is when that releases and why would ATi still give DX10 a push when something new is coming out?

Maybe they will release another card just to rub that DX10.1 support in nvidia's face some more.
 
I can see them bringing out the new cards coinciding with windows 7 and DX11 hopefully before Christmas.

Does anyone know anything about these new DX11 cards? What kind of performance will the cards have compared to the 48xx series cards?
 
I can see them bringing out the new cards coinciding with windows 7 and DX11 hopefully before Christmas.

Does anyone know anything about these new DX11 cards? What kind of performance will the cards have compared to the 48xx series cards?

I've tried my hardest to stick my head in the jetstream and here's what I know:

RV790 (not to be confused with RV970) aka RV770XT aka RV775, nobodys really nailed down or any specs. Some say the RV770 actually has 880SPs total with 80 disabled for yield. Others think its just an updated version of (when you think about it some awfully leaky 55nm) silicion resulting in a serious bump (think 900-1000MHz) in core frequency. And then theres samsung claiming they're ready to ship 6.0GHz GDDR5. Does this chip even exist? Its rumored to be here in Q2 09, but I doubt itl be anything more than an HD4890 or something like that.

And then theres the RV870 "lil' dragon". Initial rumors said 1600SPs, but estimates have since come down significantly, now saying 960 SPs, 48 TMUs. That said, as everyone here knows I'm sure, AMD planted the 480SP fiction really really well. It is going to be 40nm. This is your 2H 09 chip, and its also your DX11 chip. Another standing theory is that this dual chip solution will have two dies on the same IHS.
 
Back
Top