Whea Internal Parity Error on 10850K stock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgty23

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi my pc:
108500K stock 4800mhz
2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000mhz XMP
Seasonic Tx-850 Ultra Titanium
Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming OC
Aorus Z490 Pro Gaming
1 TB SSD

My pc i have 6 months,never had any WHEAS. I tested Control, Quake 2 rtx, Metro Exodus,3dmark port royal,battlefield 5,Serious Sam 4 and other games. No Wheas during 6 months,no bsods,no crashes.

My system is updated to newest Win 10 H20.

Today i run again Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition for 6 hours. After exiting game i check event logs and saw 1 WHEA Internal Parity Error.

The exact WHEA 19 was like this:

error source: unknown error source error type: internal parity error processor ir: 3

And my question is why one single WHEA appeared after 6 months on stock cpu?!

I have only XMP on. But memtest no errors. Rma cpu then? I am suprised and very sad now. Should i ignore that error? But whea is hardware fault:(

So run on stock ram settings? Ok but XMP shoulld be guaranteed.And peoples running xmp on their rams.

Yeah so what now. It appeared after 6 months of using on stock cpu. Return xmp to stock ? Sorry my ram is 3200 not 3000

whea.jpg

MciStat0x9000004000010005

https://www.google.de/search?biw=2048&bih=1001&ei=f-njX8VdwvOSBaXCqtAN&q=0x90000040000f0005+haswell

I had that error 2 times.
28.05 - on Metro Exodus
28.06 - Windows Desktop ( only epic launcher was on )

( it happened on 28 day may and 28 day june )

1. The exact WHEA 19 was like this:
error source: unknown error source error type: internal parity error processor ir: 3

2.error source: unknown error source error type: internal parity error processor ir: 18

Is my cpu fine?

So internal parity errors are generally due to electrical or magnetic interference and causes data in memory or cache to bit-flip which means for example, if a bit of data is a 0 then it flips to a 1 due to the above said interference. This can be absolutely devastating to mission critical computer systems. So your job now would be to diagnose whether these bit flips are occurring in RAM or in your CPU’s cache, whether the electrical or magnetic interference is coming from inside or outside your system (almost always it’s inside unless you keep powerful magnets or something like an active Tesla coil next to your pc or you live in an area that sees high levels of ionizing radiation rain down from the heavens hahaha). I believe that intel will warranty your cpu if you find out these bit flips are occurring within the cpu and not ram.

This is one of the things that reviewers won't tell people about, stability/quality. Whether it's Intel or AMD, and they're unquestionably covering up for a lot of AMD design flaws. What you're experiencing is one of the relatively well-known flaws with all SkyLake-KabyLake-CoffeeLake-CometLake CPUs that gets worse with higher core counts, mostly a CoffeeLake/CometLake issue. These bugs were fixed in Rocket Lake. More info here. https://www.overclock.net/threads/asus-maximus-13-and-rocket-lake-the-rules-have-changed.1777885/ People are completely brainwashed by poor quality Youtube reviewers clickbaitishly and aggressively stating that Intel 10th gen > 11th gen. It's definitely cheaper but there's more reasons for that than just the pandemic economy. The Cypress Cove core design resolving these flaws, PCIE4.0, or Z590's other I/O updates with adoption of Bluetooth 5.2/wifi6E, TB4/USB4.0 among other changes all contributed to pricing.

RMAing won't do you any good. If it bothers you or you get more and other crashes, given you have enough money in your system to have a 3090, I'd get a different CPU. I love my 11900K. It runs at 5.3GHz under warranty on 7 of 8 cores simultaneously all the time, it's the snappiest PC I've ever used, while being cool and quiet under idle and load with lower temps all around from my 5900X.

Last edited:
So i have faulty cpu or ram ? It happened 2 internal parity wheas during 2 months only.

Neither. It's a known Skylake design issue that only presents itself on higher core count CPUs since Skylake wasn't originally designed to go to 8 or more cores. You can live with it or, since your board supports Rocket Lake you can put an 11th gen CPU in and you won't have the issue.

Weird. I build my pc on beggining on march 2021. First internal parity whea happened 28 may. Next internal parity whea happened 28 june. Coincidence that it happened on the same day 28th ?

Without evidence suggesting otherwise, I'd say yes, coincidence. If happens again on July 28th, maybe check what scheduled tasks you have configured. Your issue is why I don't understand why every yokel on the internet is forcefully pushing everyone to 10th gen Intel over 11th. They're not well-informed enough to be doing so. And generally, Intel knows a lot more about CPUs than someone on the internet- they released RKL because it's an actual advancement. It's on the market for a lot of reasons. Most of this 10th>11th gen nonsense came from that boy at GN that's constantly trying to hustle everyone for views by changing default BIOS options because he think it's the right way to test. And thanks to that, people are building new rigs from scratch with known design flaws and lower performance in most games.

Every new build needs all night memtest86 ran on it BTW. If you haven't done so already, setup a USB drive using rufus and run that all night to make sure your RAM and memory controller settings are good. Start with your UEFI-BIOS optimized defaults, that's going to be 2133MHz or 2933MHz (tops), on your system. I'm seeing you have a few posts about issues with your rig, so work your way up from stable conditions, testing each change with an array of stability checks. On an Intel system, memtest86 and P95 are my gotos. AMD needs a bit more to gain confidence. Good luck!

Last edited:
So keep that pc ,not rma or something?
What actual problems are you having, except seeing that there was an error? Are applications crashing, etc.? If not, the only reason to do anything at all is to lower your anxiety level, which seems so far to be the main problem here.

What actual problems are you having, except seeing that there was an error? Are applications crashing, etc.? If not, the only reason to do anything at all is to lower your anxiety level, which seems so far to be the main problem here.
Only that errors i saw 2 times. Games are stable not single crash.

Is this what's-his-name reincarnated? He used so many names and so many accounts on so many forums. I think so, because if you search this thread title, OP has posted it to dozens of sites. Yup, it's him, I recognize some of the handles. Can't believe this guy is STILL at it.

Hi, Litwicki.

Only that errors i saw 2 times. Games are stable not single crash.
I can't see a reason for concern, then. If you were doing work where accuracy and precision are critical, you might need to do something about. As it stands, you're just wasting time worrying about it.

Sorry guys dont wanna trolling or something just asked about that 2 wheas during 2 months. Thats all. If this is not serious i can close topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back