• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

whats your oldest hardware

The oldest hardware that I still use is my Microsoft Natural Elite keyboard. I've been using it since '99 and it's gone through three computers and three OS's. I LOVE that thing.

The oldest hardware I have sitting around is a Trident TVGA9000i ISA video card. That's fucking raw fucking power!
 
banGerprawN said:
I have one of those punchcards used on old-school computers to process numbers framed at home :D. No idea why, I picked it up somewhere, and framed it as a piece of history. It could one day be worth millions, lol :rolleyes:.

yeah i have some univac stuff. my grandfather worked for em and had a list off all the products with pictures and some old punchcards also. my calculator has more memory then univac computers :)
 
boredguyatcomp said:
yeah i have some univac stuff. my grandfather worked for em and had a list off all the products with pictures and some old punchcards also. my calculator has more memory then univac computers :)
NO DUH! The average car made after Y2K ( maybe before) has more compure parts and stuff than what sent us into space!
 
Hum Let's see...

486 SX 33 MHz
486 DX2 66 MHz
Pentium 1 66 MHz
Pentium 1 133 MHz
AMD K6-2 266 MHz

1mb 36 pin RAM
4mb 72 pin RAM

256MB Hard Drive

5 1/4 in Floppy Drive

How's that..
 
I have an Apple II and the origional Macintosh Plus. They work, but it is hard to find the floppys. The Mac is 17 years old. (Old as me.)

I was addicted to the Apple II games in kindergarden... They're still pretty fun.
 
In use:

Compaq 486/100mhz 80mb ram...Firewall

Not in use:

Commodore 64.
 
I have a IBM Blue Lightning CPU and a few 486 CPU's. I've got a Pentium 66 and a few other chips.

I actually have a dual processor Pentium Pro 200 on a Intel PR440FX motherboard. That's the oldest, "system" I've got.
 
386, full working system including printer. pics coming ...

anyone else ever used Toronado?
 
oldiest i hade was a packerd bell form 1991it hade win 3.1 and i think a 66mhz cpu it worked till it hade 5 feet of water ontop of it :rolleyes: form hurricane katrina
 
My current rig is using the 3-1/2 floppy drive from my 1993 Packard-Bell.

Oldest I own but don't use anymore is a Radio Shack Color Computer-II.
 
my oldest piece of computer hardware is my HP 1210 printer. this printer has always been so good to me since the day I bought it almost two years ago and it has never let me down. I also bought one of those ink refill cartridge kits (the ones that actually do work) and I have yet to buy any replacement cartridges for my printer. I just refill them like one every three months or so and they keep on printing just like they did since I bought the printer.

heck, two years of having anything computer related is a very long time for someone like myself, but this printer just wont die on me. so until that happens, I litterally cannot think of any excuses why I should buy another one.
 
WS6 said:
That's Lemmings 2 :the Tribes. I paid $50 for that game back in 93 I believe.
here are some other games that I have for my Amiga,

And I bet it was worth every penny. My oldest computer hardware is my 400mhz compaq shitbox. I have an old nintendo somewhere too. Oh ya.. a multimeter from either the 70's or 80's too.
 
Only thing that I have in my current machine thats the oldest is my Toshiba SD-M1402 DVD-Rom. I got this the summer of 2000 when DVD players for computers were ridiculously expensive. But hey its lasted forever and its been nice since a lot of the gaming magazines now have switched their demo discs to DVD's. I remember I payed $125 for this drive, OEM.

The other oldest part that I have thats still working is my Diamond Viper V770 Ultra AGP (tnt2 Ultra). This thing is still chugging along (I think the fan will die soon) in my moms computer a PII 300mhz Gateway machine built in november of 97.
 
flynlr said:
still working?
Timex/sinclair 1000

Holy hell, when I was a kid my parents bought a Sinclair 1000 (mailorder) and it never worked; I was always so disappointed that it didn't work, it looked so much cooler than our Commodore 64.
 
flynlr said:
still working?
Timex/sinclair 1000

;) I thought I was the only one on here that still owned a Timex Sinclair 1000....Man, those were cool days back then.

In addition to that, I've still got two Amiga 2000HD's, one Amiga 3000, one Amiga 600HD and an Amiga 500 as well - all working and in great shape. :D Still fire them up occasionally when I need a quick fix.

Ax
 
I have a floppy drive for a commodore 64. I bought it at a garage sale thinking it might be worth someting on ebay
ribs
 
Dell Inspiron 3800

Celeron 450
288MB of Ram
7Gb Hdd
Modular Floppy drive
Modular CD-ROM
 
I'm not sure what it goes to, but I have a floppy drive that takes floppies that look like the old cd sized ones, but is the size of a record.. A vinyl record.. It says IBM on it and the connector on the back resembles the ones used for very old printers, but not a paralell port like most computers have.. Other than that I guess it would have to be my cradle modem, the kind you actualy set your phone handset on..
 
My Colecovision!

I still have my old Apple ][+ and my 286 @ 12mhz, 1mb ram, 20mb HD, and a 256mb Trident ISA video card. Oh the memories. Still works, too.
 
Back
Top