whats your oldest hardware

the oldest hardwear i might have is an old HP computer, the stats are:

733 MHz Celeron
64 MB RAM
16xDVD Rom 52xCD-RW ( this drive has been replaced 5 times, LOL)
20Gig HD
16 MB intigreated Vid card
AND the worst part is it runs Windows ME! (YIKES)

so thats probly it

I've got some 30 pin SIMMs. I should also have some 8" floppies around somewhere. I'd bet I have some older stuff yet but I'm not sure what it is or where it is. Sorry, but no pics of any of it.

My Sun Sparcstation 20 (Dual 75mhz/1mb with 384mb ram, 3gb hdd, turbo xgx) . Next in line is my Liebert on-line UPS, followed by a Sun CRT monitor.

My oldest peice of hardware that I currently still use is my 3.5" floppy drive that has been in every rebuild of my machine since 1989. Followed very closely by my IBM Model M keyboard that I am using to type this post. :) Freaking membrane keyboards, I wish the industry would go back to the buckle spring. :D

Oh, I forgot about my old IBM "clicky" keyboard. You know the ones. They double as lethal weapons and car bumpers. Except that they are stronger than car bumpers and more durable.

I got a motheboard from an old ibm xt 8mhz system in a shed, dont know why i still have it just havent got around to thowing it out....

Lets see, I have a non-functional P3 667 chip in a slocket board, along with an ASUS mobo, PC-133 RAM, and an S3 Virge 3D graphics card... power right there! I'm yet to hook it up again, I'll probably use it as a server of some sort, or a Linux experimentation machine (we all have to start somewhere!)

I also have an old Pentium 75MHz system at home, with a whopping 32MB of RAM (EDO i presume) and a 2MB graphics card. Man that was a beast back in the day...

Oh not another one of these threads. I'd say my oldest piece of hardware is my old univac terminal. Then the microvax II.

I have 2 old peices of hardware. A 286 sitting on my desk in front of me, and an Obsolete XP 1600+ that I'm still using. Runs like a champ.

Atari 2600 (1977, older than me)

Commodore VIC-20 (1981 or 83, forget which)

Packard Bell 386/16 Mhz/1MB with 125 MB HDD, 5.25" and 3.5" FDD (1991). Added a SB Pro and external CD-ROM later. It runs DOS 5.0 and Windows 3.1. I keep it stored away just because I can :D

IBM ThinkPad Pentium II 233 Mhz. 4 GB HDD. Shipped with 32 MB RAM, has been upgraded to 160 MB. Was Windows 95, now has Win98SE for wireless support. It's my only laptop, and also serves as a platform for playing old games that don't play well with XP. I think it was made in 1998, not sure.

SmokeRngs said:
Oh, I forgot about my old IBM "clicky" keyboard. You know the ones. They double as lethal weapons and car bumpers. Except that they are stronger than car bumpers and more durable.

Those are the best keyboards ever. I still use one for gaming :D

Oldest in use?

Dell 2000FP, purchased June 2002.

Oldest that I own? Probably a floppy drive or Zip drive I've had sitting in the spare parts kit for god knows how long. If not that, a PCI 1mb videocard I keep for testing purposes...

My fathers 30yr old Zenith turntable, radio, 8-track player combo deck with speakers.
Or
My Great grandmothers Singer sowing machine from the 1916 worlds fair that used foot power to make it work.

Oldest in current use: Antec mid-tower case (3 years old?)

Oldest I own: Prolly just the old 486 I got on the shelf

Old Compaq PC that I use for a router/firewall for my DMZ in the basement, it has went thru many upgrades...

I has a 486 100mhz, 80mb of ram. No hdd, no cdrom. No fans, I modified took out the fan out of the PSU and the CPU is passivly cooled, so its almost completely solid state. boots off the floppy drive, loads everything to ram and its good to go.

i have a 1991 IBM PC, i have no idea the spec's but i do remember that i couldnt install win 95 on it because it was not "fast" enough. It sits up in my attic right now covering up a spot where raccons got in.

I've got an 8mb simm sitting around from a 150mhz pentium I had back in 95 or 96.

acascianelli said:
Old Compaq PC that I use for a router/firewall for my DMZ in the basement, it has went thru many upgrades...

I has a 486 100mhz, 80mb of ram. No hdd, no cdrom. No fans, I modified took out the fan out of the PSU and the CPU is passivly cooled, so its almost completely solid state. boots off the floppy drive, loads everything to ram and its good to go.

Play DOOM on it! It meets the minimum system requirements!

My Amiga 3000 KB and mouse that is attached to my Amiga 3000T that I sometimes hook back up to play some older games.

amiga3k.jpg

lemmings3.jpg

Scorpionjwp said:
My fathers 30yr old Zenith turntable, radio, 8-track player combo deck with speakers.
Or
My Great grandmothers Singer sowing machine from the 1916 worlds fair that used foot power to make it work.

Oh, if we can use non-PC stuff...

I've got a Confederate officer's sword that's almost 150 years old. I've got a bayonet that was used in World War 1. My dining room table dates to 1890. For that matter, half the furniture in my house is pre-Depression. Old stuff is :cool:

Oldest hardware I still use...

I have an early 90's keyboard I love... it is durable like the IBM Model M... but it feels better.

I also have a buckle spring one I use... it is not an IBM either, it is styled a bit better.

I also try to keep a working 5 1/4" floppy drive around just in case.

Yashu said:
Oldest hardware I still use...

I have an early 90's keyboard I love... it is durable like the IBM Model M... but it feels better.

I also have a buckle spring one I use... it is not an IBM either, it is styled a bit better.

I also try to keep a working 5 1/4" floppy drive around just in case.

If the buckle spring Keyboard isn't a Model M then it is probably an NMB keyboard. They are the other manufacturer.

If the buckle spring Keyboard isn't a Model M then it is probably an NMB keyboard.

I checked when I got home and you are right! it is nmb... I wonder if they still sell them somewhere... my insert key is nonworking.

my other keyboard is a "maxiswitch" and is the best keyboard I own.

OLDEST hardware... Hurmm has to be that 133mhz // 32mbs of ram // 3.2gig hard drive a computer sitting in the closet in the basement. It still 100% works too. :)

EDIT: I still remember the model number too. It's a compaq 1447

Hah, probably my 800MHz P3. Have it on an old Dell from 1998.

I have one of those punchcards used on old-school computers to process numbers framed at home :D. No idea why, I picked it up somewhere, and framed it as a piece of history. It could one day be worth millions, lol :rolleyes:.

WS6 said:
My Amiga 3000 KB and mouse that is attached to my Amiga 3000T that I sometimes hook back up to play some older games.

amiga3k.jpg

lemmings3.jpg

Is that lemmings? That game rocked.

I was cleaning up my computer area and found a 486DX mobo - no 486chip or memory, just the mobo....if I get batteries for the cam I'll try to post a pic later..

In use: System - Pentium 90mhz/ 32mb ram/ 850mb hdd/ 1mb on-board video running DSLinux
On shelf: 5 1/4 floppy drive

probably the ram in my dual 133 system...I know it's old...just not how old.

The oldest piece of computer hardware that I own... I don't even really know what it does.

The front of it says "Telesound PC Phone" the back label reads "Telesound / Reveal Computer Products - Model number: TSSA-1/vm100-02 - FCC ID: L2WTSSA-1"

Looking at it from the front, the left side has a 25pin female connector, and the right side has the following:

A black wire with male stereo plug labeled "S.C. Line In"
A female stereo jack labeled "Line In"
2 RJ-11 ports, labeled "Phone" and "Line"
A red wire with male stereo plug labeled "S.C. SPK"
A female stereo jack labeled "SPK.0"

Information on this thing is almost impossible. The only thing I have been able to figure out is that its some kind of early voicemail/phone tapping system. Using the "Phone" and "Line" connectors like you would an external modem, the 25 pin serial connector, and some software, you could record a voice conversation on your computer. Not sure about the stereo jacks and plugs, perhaps for connecting a tape player, microphone, speaker.....

If anybody has any more info, it would be much appriciated.

Other than this thing, I always like to keep a pile of 1 meg parity SIMMs laying around. I use them as keychains..

NulloModo said:
Is that lemmings? That game rocked.

That's Lemmings 2 :the Tribes. I paid $50 for that game back in 93 I believe.
here are some other games that I have for my Amiga,
sgi.jpg

Back