What's your backup card ?

Stardusted

Limp Gawd
Just wondering, for those who like to feel safe keeping a backup card just in case or to get them through upgrading periods.

I have for several years now a gigabyte 6600gt 128mbs (pci-e). The old friend saved me a few times, and served me well.

EDIT : Thanx crotan for correcting my mistake ;)

All of my previous cards from the last 10 years :p

Voodoo 1 through the 8800GTX, I have a 280GTX atm.

i am fortunate (knock on wood) to have never needed a backup card. but if i did need it, i would use the 7900GS (PCI-x) on my other pc

I had a 4870 as a backup card but tough financial times forced me to sell it a couple of months ago. Right now I have a GeForce 4 MX440 for a backup card.

My backup card is a 7800gt served me well over the years and through testing, troubleshooting, and step-ups alike but when crysis rolled around it didn't hold up.

+1, I have two 7800GT in case one breaks :D.

well id hope both 4870x2 cards wouldnt fail at once... lol

I just gave away my backup card to a friend so he could play L4D on his desktop (X1800 GTO).

i am fortunate (knock on wood) to have never needed a backup card. but if i did need it, i would use the 7900GS (PCI-x) on my other pc

qft on fortunate enough to never need a backup card... but my backup is a 8800gts 320 one i am using now is an 9800gtx + :)

I don't have one. But when I replace my X1900XT with another video card, that will be my backup. Unless of course it dies before I decide to upgrade.

old faithful is a 6600GT... good for board testing and quick installs, etc.. woot!

I have 2 GTX280 and a 285 in my main box. 2 280s in my secondary box. :p

I've got an AGP X800XL in case my PCI-E 3850 bites the dust or if something goes awry with my PCI-E slot. Also just in case the poop really hits the fan I've got my trusty old PCI Riva TNT that still manages to boot (no, it can't run Crysis :D). Nice to be able to troubleshoot using different slot types as well as different cards and thanks to my mobo I actually have the option of running any of those on my current rig, ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 ftw.

I hope you're using what you do have to fold at home. ;)

Right now I am trying to sell my back-ups, a 3870 GDDR4 and a 6800 GT / 512 MB

For AGP I have a 6800 Ultra

For PCI-E I have a 7900GTX 512 and two 8800 GTS 512's as backup to my GTX 285.

I have an 8800GTX as a backup card, just cause its does not pay to sell it....and an X850XT, I use that one for testing purposes mainly

Radeon 9250 PCI card. Guaranteed to work on whatever comes my way from now until.. ever

I have a number of old cards...........

6600 GT-AGP
6800GT-AGP

7600GT
7800GTX
7900GTX
8800 GT

Unfortunately they have little resale value, so I have a good choice if I have the opportunity to Trade-up or if something breaks.:D
Plus my kids are really hard on their stuff.....something is always broken.

I ususally have a motherboard with a gpu built in, and since I don't play too many games if my card takes a shit i'm usually pretty safe. With that said I have an x300se pci-e for real emergencies. I also have a pci backup card too, Diamond Edge 3D:D Based on the mighty NV1 (nvidia's first graphics chip)

Backup cards? Naaa .. I keep backup computers (see sig) ;)

I did have an ATI x850xt that I couldn't sell for a decent amount of cash. I ended up putting it in my wife's system and sold her 7900GS.

got an X1800 xt sitting around. its my backup since its not worth jack shit if i sold it.

Back