• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What's wrong with this picture? (pics)

SarverSystems

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Feb 9, 2002
Messages
7,408
dirtyfana.jpg


Customer: My system keeps shutting down. I think I have a virus.
Me: Bring it over, I'll take a look at it.
Me: Opens the system, immediatley followed by a small dust cloud.
 
it appears to be 10 years of dust built up, wait a sec, thats a relatively new computer, UH OH :eek:
 
Wow, does that fan still work? Looks like your customer needs to quit smoking also ;)
 
holy shit! what are you using to clean it?

My guess, an atom bomb.

Who the fuck does this to a computer?

You should keep that dude's computer and buy him an Apple.
 
Sven_Lee said:
My guess, an atom bomb.

Who the fuck does this to a computer?

You should keep that dude's computer and buy him an Apple.


New member. Hello all :p

I totally agree with that comment. Thats just sick, his puter works so hard for him, it doesnt deserve that
 
That's mold?!? How the hell does mold grow there?

I'm sending the cleaning team over now

hazmat-training2.jpg
 
dam that shit is scary. this is what u should look like when ur clenaing that shit

dustbuster.jpg


:p :p
 
The mobo reminds me of a poor helpless animal being mistreated by its cruel owner.

::sniff::
 
Sven_Lee said:
My guess, an atom bomb.

Who the fuck does this to a computer?

You should keep that dude's computer and buy him an Apple.
:confused: :rolleyes:

How would an Apple differ from this?
 
saturnine2 said:
Wow, does that fan still work? Looks like your customer needs to quit smoking also ;)
Heh, either Sarversystems is a smoker himself, or he forgot to mention in his post the smell of old cigarette smoke the moment this system came within ten meters from him :D

It's hard to believe that such a dust buildup could be caused by anything else.
 
You already blew off the rest of the mobo right? pop off the heatsink and grab the dremel!
 
That's as far as I got with it.

I'm so used to the smoke smell inside computers that I don't even smell it anymore.

But yeah, I think something that causes a build up THAT much, has to be cigarettes.

BTW, I don't smoke.
 
Save the mold the heat from the HSF maybe has grown some new super mold that science might be able to use :D
 
I run a computer repair business and have seen some nasty cases before, but this is the most God awful thing I have ever witnessed. My little boy started crying when he saw that. He wants to know why the bad people are so mean to the 'puter.
 
Dang man, warn someone when putting up nasty stuff like this! I just had a big mouth full of food when it popped up. :eek: Lucky for me I have an iron constitution.
 
YARG!!

I've seen some nasty stuff before (layer of tar from a chain smoker) but that takes the cake. It looks like he tried to attach the fan with plaster of paris.
 
I get it, he was using it to heat up and grow hemp! The only thing that comes to mind with that amount of dirt and heat is drugs.
 
That is some serious buildup on that heatsink. More than I ever remember seeing in my life. What'd the rest of the case look like?

I took appart an older P2 at the computer store I was working at (it's a store that serves a lot of people from the country) and I'd swear this one dude had his computer in the barn for sure LOL! It was thickly caked with brown dust and there were cobwebs everywhere haha. Bit of a mess and one heck of a dust cloud, I had to leave the room so I could breath. Haha.
 
Believe it or not, the case itself has very little dust in it. It's just all caked on the heatsink.
 
looks like it was in some sort of warehouse environment or something.

that's just rediculous! but i don't think smoking did it... even back when I used to smoke, my gear never got that gross (even after not checking for a long time).
 
what the fuck is that??
omg, i havent seen anything like that in my 4 years of being a computer nerd.....
wow, just wow, my uncles 4year old desktop doesnt have that much dust in it, ( and he smokes and doesnt clean shyt)
 
that is just horrible...

only on the heatsink? or other places? have you checked the video card?
 
Did the user put the comp in a closet running and forgot about it for, say, 7 years?

I dare you to lick it. :D
 
ROFLMAO....hard to tell where the ashtray ends and the keyboard begins...
 
ahem, don't mean to scare you, but that IS a virus. His computer has ebola!

What was that guy using the thing for an ashtray?(@ the hsf) LoL
 
you should see what it is like working out in the country. people have computer systems to feed their cattle and monitor their ratio of milk production, so their bodys learn more. more milk = more food.

well cow crap dust builds up in these computers it is just sick
 
My Heatsink looked like that, After I removed the ball cooler master fan.

I had kept my PC perfectly dust free, and took superb care of it, and even the CPU fan was clean of dust, but underneath was just as bad if not worse then that.

I only noticed when I changed the fan to a Thermaltake 80mm fan, Cause the cpu cooler was making funny sounds :p

It CAN happen to enthusiasts.

Doesnt help the CPU was one of the few oldest parts of my PC :( xp 1600+.

Anyway, surprised that you were all so surprised.


;)
 
gesicht said:
you should see what it is like working out in the country. people have computer systems to feed their cattle and monitor their ratio of milk production, so their bodys learn more. more milk = more food.

well cow crap dust builds up in these computers it is just sick
I worked for a lime producer (mines and refines lime rock) at the plants the machines controlling the kiln (100' tall kilns) are exposed to lime dust all day and night. I worked on one machine that had 2" of lime caked on the outside of the case *AFTER it had been driven ~150 miles in the bed of a truck.
 
Back
Top