What's the oldest videogame you still play?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by M76, Jul 22, 2016.

1. JCrimson

JCrimson [H]Lite

Occasionally my friends drag me back into WoW. lol it lasts for about a week.

2. psy81

psy81 Limp Gawd

MVP Baseball 2005. Last and best baseball game made by EA. Controls are the best. Timing and aiming that bat are what makes it still fun to this day!

3. Saturn_V

Saturn_V [H]ard|Gawd

4. st4rk

st4rk Gawd

Shadowrun on Genesis

5. LordVampyre

LordVampyre [H]ard|Gawd

oh my... lets see... Pong.. All the Dooms except the newest one... All the Quakes.. Serious Sam all of them.. All the Fallouts .. All the Half-Life's , All the PainKillers... Postal 2, Strange little game called Redline.. ROT and new version of ROT. Dont laugh too hard but all the You Don't Know Jack series.. All the Elder Scrolls except the first 2. And in a sale I got Unreal Gold, Unreal Tournament 2004 and Unreal Tournament game of the year and unreal Tournament 3: Black Edition.

Its sooo good being retired.. lots of time and nothing to do ... Sheesh I just turned 65 this last sunday..

6. Youn

Youn [H]ardness Supreme

^ you play all of those games more than once per every few months since release?

I'm guessing 99% of the folks in this thread didn't read the OP

M76 likes this.
  7. defaultluser

defaultluser [H]ardForum Junkie

Regularly play?

Console: The Legend of Zelda.
    PC: Star Control.

I had consoles way before I could afford a computer, so I grew up on the NES :D

8. Mr. Bluntman

Mr. Bluntman [H]ardness Supreme

Metroid and Castlevania on the NES (メトロイド and 悪魔城ドラキュラ on the FDS), both released in 1986. I do a yearly run of both those and their SNES sequels Super Metroid and Super Castlevania IV, though I'm much better at Metroid than Castlevania. :/

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  9. Morbo66

Morbo66 [H]Lite

Tony LaRussa Baseball 2 circa 1993 via Dosbox. Play it at least once a week. Hitting homers as Mike Trout vs the best pitchers of 1993 is fun! :D

10. boneycat

boneycat [H]Lite

11. M76

M76 [H]ardForum Junkie

I suspect as much. On a blog I used to visit they have a recurring post about quote of the week. And each week people post their nominations in the comments, and next week they select the three most popular ones. And each time the blog post contains the warning "These are last weeks favorites, don't nominate these this week as they're obsolete" Still every week there is at least one stupid motherfucker who will choose one from that three.

12. AK0tA

AK0tA Gawd

Soldier of Fortune, yeah just fire it up once in a while for nastalgac purposes but I have been running through Home World.

ChoGGi likes this.
  13. Westwood Arrakis

Westwood Arrakis [H]ard|Gawd

I'd like to see if there is a way I can play Faxandu on the PC.

14. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

Archon and M.U.L.E. on the C64. (I have a stack of real C64s in my basement, but I play on VICE these days. Just so much easier...) Especially when I've been drinking which is usually when my friends and I decide we need to play these games.

15. 2k3eblade

2k3eblade Gawd

I find myself playing X-COM: Ufo Defense in DOS box every once in awhile.

16. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

I play Veil of Darkness, Al Qadim, Ultimas, Bloodnet, etc. in DOSBox from time to time. (among others of course) I do love a good DOS era game.

17. Deathroned

Deathroned Gawd

Fisticuffs, NYE we switch off the lights, then remove our clothes then we whistle and slap on another whilst shouting Happy we only play it on NYE

18. guitarguy6

guitarguy6 [H]ard|Gawd

19. mlapgw

mlapgw Gawd

Axis & Allies, BF2, RCT

20. harvestor

harvestor [H]Lite

I still play diablo 2 weekly on my retro pc just because, and for consoles its always 4 person golden eye and perfect dark when i have people over.

21. Tetsu

Tetsu Limp Gawd

Rerunning Max Payne 1 & 2. Great to remember :)

22. asa67

asa67 n00b

Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne.

23. horrorshow

horrorshow [H]ardness Supreme

I would say this but I finally quit a few years back because of the massive cheating/bots.

Once they re-release it on Battle.net, I'm all over it :D

24. Nebell

Nebell [H]ard|Gawd

Anachronox, that game is GOLD!

25. horrorshow

That game almost redeemed Ion Storm because of Daikatana.

Now I'm tempted to replay it....

26. Zorachus

Zorachus [H]ardForum Junkie

For me it's WoW. I took a long while off, almost two years, and now back with the pre expansion patch, and liking the changes so far. Will probably just stick around a little bit, get to level 110, try the Raid, and then unsub

27. compcons

compcons n00b

I try to not play anything too old, but this one keeps coming back. I have left it paused for an hour at a time here and there, but I play too much. To make it seem even sadder, it's always single player.

upload_2016-8-8_9-51-36.png

28. HDriscoll

HDriscoll Limp Gawd

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six (the original from 1998) and the original Deus EX.

ep0x73 likes this.
  29. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

I've got that sitting in my GOG account, and still have never played it. I don't know why either. Planning to give it a play sometime though. Just too much stuff coming out in the next month or so, so it will probably have to wait until winter...

30. ep0x73

ep0x73 2[H]4U

Loved that game, played it through twice but sadly it will not install on anything greater then XP, I tried.
    Still have the CD case, the publisher went under.

As for oldest game, it's been ages but I have a EA best of ported to PC and played Bard's tale and Wasteland.
    Prior I played both games on a C64

31. Araxie

Araxie [H]ardness Supreme

compatibility always help.. I still play sporadically and im under windows 10.. my little bro still love to do some great modding stuff for that game.

32. pothb

pothb [H]ardness Supreme

And whats wrong with single player?

33. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

Nothing is wrong with single player, that's what! I love a good co-op game, a nice tipsy Street Fighter match in the living room, or a nice FFA Quake match on a LAN or the like, but 90%+ of what I play is single player. I like to drop myself into another world, and tune out other humans when I play.

34. RaZoRbLaDeD

RaZoRbLaDeD Gawd

Im always playing shit from the 80s and even 70s sometimes. Always been a retro gamer first. Love platformers...currently rebeating all the castlevianias. On Castlevainia 3 atm

Also LOVE classic adventure games, my girl and I love playing all the leisure suit larrys and kings / police quest, etc

35. J3RK

J3RK [H]ardForum Junkie

Nice! Big fan here too. I haven't played the NES era ones in a while. The last one I played was Chi no Rondo I think. I could use a dose again soon.

36. syd2o2

syd2o2 Limp Gawd

Grand Prix Legends and it's mods, updated with new graphics.

37. ep0x73

ep0x73 2[H]4U

Sadly some games which are that old just are no longer compatible, hell the game options were limited to basic sound, small screen and I think voodoo 3 for GPU!.
    I'd love to see classic games re-coded and released all on one DVD, like a best of the classic games or something.

The graphics were well ahead of their time, I bet at full 1080P they might still look damn good.

Knight, barbarian and dwarf I went through them all, the amazon was weak and I died to many times on the 1st level so I gave up on that character. :hungover:

38. DCookSta

DCookSta [H]ard|Gawd

For me, it's L4D2 and Unreal Tournament 2004. I play each every couple of weeks and always have them installed on my computer.

39. lcpiper

lcpiper [H]ardForum Junkie

Diablo2 until 2 weeks ago. I discovered Path of Exile and it is so much like D2 that I don't think I'll ever load up D2 again.

40. horrorshow

ARGH.

My Anachronox disc is too scratched to install....