• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Whats the best SFF case?

BurntToast

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 14, 2003
Messages
3,678
So far it looks like the X-QPACK hands down. As it will fit in a full size PSU, two 5.25 drives and more! But for all I know there is a bigger bad boy out there.

BTW does anyone know who sells the black X-QPACK? I have only been able to fild the colored one. (silver, blue, gree, red...)
 
I think it depends on what you want to use it for? For gaming, or for casual use :).
 
Aspire X-Pack, no questions asked. Aspire sure can't build (or choose rather, since they probably don't build them themselves) power supplies, but they do know how to make an innovative computer case.
 
the best rig for you isn't an SFF.

full size ps and two 5.25 drives?

It is like asking which is the best compact car for hauling cattle to market. :)

The recent aspire is probably the only one that fits your bill, but calling it an SFF is stretching the definition, IMHO.
 
eastvillager said:
The recent aspire is probably the only one that fits your bill, but calling it an SFF is stretching the definition, IMHO.

It is rather large for a sff, but it is only big enough for the mATX boards..

can it be smaller? yes.. would it be as unique if it was smaller.. not really.

it works well as it is designed.
 
What about the new Silverstone? Won't it accept a full ATX ps and have 2 x 5 1/4"?
 
The new silverstones are pretty, but I would be worried about their noise level considering how they are doing the cooling. Also they are deeper than the X-QPack though they are shorter. Still stretching the definition.

I would consider both the X-QPack and the Silverstone to be Medium Form Factor. I really like that size, as you can haul it easily, but you could just as easy fill it full of gear.
 
KodiakStar said:
It is rather large for a sff, but it is only big enough for the mATX boards..

can it be smaller? yes.. would it be as unique if it was smaller.. not really.

it works well as it is designed.


I agree, but I wouldn't call it an SFF. :)


Keep extending the definition and you may find yourself lugging around your mid-tower SFF in the future.
 
If you can deal with the aesthetic, install a handle in the top of the silverstone. It's damn sexy.

Does anyone know how well the matx version of the A8n-e overclocks? Or how well the MSI or jetway overclock?
 
MassiveOverkill said:
Aspire X-Pack, no questions asked. Aspire sure can't build (or choose rather, since they probably don't build them themselves) power supplies, but they do know how to make an innovative computer case.
Actually, they probably chose the case too. :D Chenming was the first to introduce these, and I don't even know if they made them.

Treyshadow said:
I would consider both the X-QPack and the Silverstone to be Medium Form Factor. I really like that size, as you can haul it easily, but you could just as easy fill it full of gear.
Small enough to pick up and go, that's all that matters. :cool: I would pick the Silverstone if it was $100 cheaper. Aspire is probably the best choice right now.
 
Back
Top