whats the best mobo maker do you guys recommend?

JVC

[H]ard|Gawd
whats the best sli mobo maker do you guys recommend me to buy, evga..., what model?

Abit or Asus, EVga has good warranty but who doesnt? Also evga probably has good warranty because it knows its mobos have a higher rate of DOA or death within 6 months.

eVGA don't actually manufacture mobos they relabel products - but their cs is excellent.

I've had tremendous luck with Epox. Especially the Socket A boards, most were ahead of their time.

Current gen, I like the Gigabyte boards.

ABIT is great. I've also liked the MSI motherboards

DO NOT get Epox. I had an Epox piece of junk motherboard. I paid $130 or something crazy for it a long time ago. It had nice features but was a piece of crap.

Epox are dead (albeit they returned as Supox).
Although I'm an abit fanboi I couldn't in all honesty recommend an IN9 32X now that 780i is out & 790i very imminent.

I have always liked and used Asus MB's. My current board has lasted me almost 5 years and it is still running.

I'm going to vouch for Abit. I have the IN9 32X MAX, it takes a licken and keeps on ticken. Most of the fellow forum members here said not to buy it. Because they claim it doesn't OC that far come paired to the evga 680i, but boy is my board good.:cool: I buy another one in seconds, even with 780i coming out.

My top 3, in order...
DFI
Asus
Intel

Never tried a Gigabyte, but heard so many good things about them, I'd consider one.

EDIT: I guess I've never had an Intel SLI board, but sure do love the Intel AGP board I have...

EDIT: I guess I've never had an Intel SLI board, but sure do love the Intel AGP board I have...

There's only one Intel-branded SLI motherboard in existence. At around $500 and requiring fully-buffered DIMM's as any server motherboard does, I doubt it's for most people. ;)

IMHO, the OP is asking the wrong question. Which brand to get is generally less important than which individual motherboard to get, though there are few enough socket 775 SLI motherboards with the new 750i/780i chipsets that the questions are generally the same thing. At this point, I'd go for the MSI P7N Diamond, MSI P7N SLI Platinum, or EVGA 780i (for the customer service; XFX and BFG provide identical reference motherboards).

thanks all

i think i like that evga more, i have a evga video card, and my memory is ocz sli... i was just curious if that was a good decision.

Asus for me generally. My DFI AMD boards are rock solid also. Abit Intel boards have worked great for me too.

It all depends on your luck.

Why do I say so?
There is nothing such as 100% yeild in manufacturing.
On top of that, there are so many components on the motherboard, not to mention the number of layers on each board.

So really it depends on your luck, if you are down right unlucky, every single board from a manufacturer will go kaput on you. Yet some other not so unlucky dude will swear by this manufacturer.

:)

Back