What's the best fps game U have played?

Command and conquer renegade.

The only game that gripped my attention so much I forgot to go to the toilet.

*cough* learned my lesson..

Half Life
No One Lives Forever
Half Life 2

I'm hoping that I can soon add FEAR to that list.

acrh2 said:
The absolute best fps I've played (and I've played pretty much all fps games) was The Operative: No One Lives Forever. In fact, I would have to say that no game since then has really topped it for me yet.
agreed.

i dont have a fav, so here are top five:

No One Lives Forever 1, Halo 1, Medal of Honor Allied Assault, Far Cry,Half-Life 2

Doom3 was ok too ;)

BlastRadius said:
Command and conquer renegade.

The only game that gripped my attention so much I forgot to go to the toilet.

*cough* learned my lesson..

You ever play on Black Cell servers?

Do you still play, for that matter?

May be willing to reinstall it if you'd be up for a few rounds, Uninstalled it because I'm sick of westwood games having NO moderation at all.

Rainbow Six (Any Series)
Operation Flashpoint
Battlefield 1-2
Half-Life 1-2
UT2004
UT99
Quake 2-3
Farcry
Serious Sam

Single: HL1
Multi: TFC

My favorite part of tfc, which i'm guessing is also the reason why it put so many ppl off, was the steep learning curve. It took months of constant play to get half way decent with ONE class, let alone the 8 other ones. tfc > all

Definitely Goldeneye, I still remember getting my N64 and playing that game for days straight, my attendance at school was horrible for about a month cause me and my friend had to play it before we left for school in the morning. Perfect Dark is also a favourite of mine, good memories of kicking ass in multiplayer. Recently it would have to be Halo.

Perfect Dark and Goldeneye wasted many, many seconds/minutes/hours/days/weeks/. . . of my life, but those came around after I'd been hooked.

Wolfenstein gets the honor of dragging me into the beautifully time-wasting world of the FPS.

I forgot to mention another game that I am surprised I havent seen in this thread yet.

Shogo: MAD needs to get some love. That game really pulled me into the multiplayer scene, mainly LAN. I woudl spend hours playing Shogo lans. The singleplayer was a blast also... Shogo was probably the first fps I played. Perhaps I had HL1 first, I don't remember.

Goldeneye for sure. Played way too much 4 man on that, so much infact that I burned a light brown patch (from the middle of the split screen) into my parents old school rear projection big screen, back when I was in highschool.

Hell we still play it. At my buddies wedding, the girls were all talking like geese, so we went downstairs and fired up some 4 player goldeneye. Of course when the girls discovered we were missing, we all caught shit for playing .... still not really sure why. Jeeze we even took out pants off, ala Seinfeld, to keep the crease. Blah blah blah respectful, blah blah in the conversation, blah blah socialize. I dont know about you, but telling the groom you ruined him, worse then getting hitched, was pretty damn social to me.

BF2

Honorable mentions:
BF1
Desert Combat: I still cant believe this was a free mod
UT1: First great multiplayer I had fun with

Rise of the Triad: I totally forgot how much fun this game was. Also the first FPS that I know of that registered bullet holes on the wall. When people would first get the game you would have to try to write your name on the wall. Those were simpler times...Flash Back To Apogee's ROTT

Wolfenstien, the ole ole 2d version. Logged a lot of hours on that one. Then came DooM/2 ect ect. I avoided FPS for like 5 years, I just got sick of it all, so for better or worse I missed out on Quake almost entirely...

Honestly I really do not like playing single player FPS. Im not saying they are easy its just that it all seems so predictable once you play though. Even the first time through, you feel like a rat in a maze looking for the next thing to frag.

Wow... Wolf3D first got me into FPS. Them Doom, Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior...

Quake/Quake 2 + SLI Voodoo 2/ATI (only time I have EVER spent $600 in my computer at once!!)

Unreal, Unreal Tournament...

all great games.

But the one that I always go back to - GoldenEye on the N64, and Halo 2 on the xBox. These are two of only maybe... 6-7 games, that so enthralled me - I played them from beginning to end in one sitting.

The first Half-Life and Doom: Knee Deep in the Dead.

Nowadays it's all about Far Cry.

rott? did they ever make a opengl release, or a new release for the matter, like they did for duke and doom?

Counter-Strike is the best multiplayer FPS hands down. Not many other games have been put through the patching, working and reworking of CS game mechanics. CS:S to me is disappointing right now, with the work that CS went through CS:S could become a really good game.

Fps that got me into the genre:

Doom 2. My friend and I would put away countless hours playing this co-op.

Best I have ever played? Either Duke nukem 3d or AVP 1. Man those were terrific games. :)

Single player, nothing will beat No One Lives Forever (I and II) in my mind. Hilarious, well plot driven (for an FPS), and LONG (and I enjoyed every minute of it).

Multiplayer: when everyone was playing Doom, I was playing Descent (I think it's FPS). And later when I got to college and moved into the dorms, we would all play Quake I. Very fond memories of that. :D

Single player: Half-life 2. Cant say I have played anything that has come close besides the original Half-life. SiN was fun, although buggy.
Multiplayer: Has to be Quake 2. I had tons and tons of mods and enjoyed this game for months and months online, back when 56k was fast enough to play online :).

Zaphod137 said:
Single player, nothing will beat No One Lives Forever (I and II) in my mind. Hilarious, well plot driven (for an FPS), and LONG (and I enjoyed every minute of it).

Multiplayer: when everyone was playing Doom, I was playing Descent (I think it's FPS). And later when I got to college and moved into the dorms, we would all play Quake I. Very fond memories of that. :D
I've been very intrigued by NOLF. I read some great reviews about it.

I was all about Descent 1 and 2. I remember having 4 person deathmatches for Descent 2, and that was probably the most fun I've ever had playing multiplayer games. I bought a 2x cd rom drive for something like 50 bucks when I was 13, and when I got home and hooked it up, it had the Descent cd in it. I shit my pants.

Wolfenstein 3D started me off, TBH. Something like 15 years ago at a library computer that a guy had set up with games like Jill of the Jungle, Duke Nukem(the original), and numerous other old faithfuls.

Lately, frankly I've found myself mesmerized with Deus Ex. It really was such a challenging change from "shoot-em-up-solves-everything" attitude.

Also, I always loved just about any game made with the LithTech engine, despite the massive memory leak. It was just always so pretty :D

Aelfgeft said:
Wolfenstein 3D started me off, TBH. Something like 15 years ago at a library computer that a guy had set up with games like Jill of the Jungle, Duke Nukem(the original), and numerous other old faithfuls.

Lately, frankly I've found myself mesmerized with Deus Ex. It really was such a challenging change from "shoot-em-up-solves-everything" attitude.

Also, I always loved just about any game made with the LithTech engine, despite the massive memory leak. It was just always so pretty :D

Its too bad Deus Ex 2 : Invisible war, sucked so hard, it could suck a golf ball through a garden hose.

RTCW sticks in my mind as the best FPS. NOLF1&2 are a close close second. RTCW probably wins out, due to my being a WW2 history buff. But NOLF was amazingly fun to play. Those are the only three FPS i have ever played beginning to end. Most of the time i get bored and decide to play something else.

I am having fun with BF2, but there is no story and no real motivation to keep playing, other than it's a fun way to waste a couple of hours. They really need to re-think the XP levels.

Duke Nukem: Forever J/K

Probabbly G.E. and HL2 D:M

Other than thoose, I suck at FPS games.

In order of fucking balls to the wall awesomnisity.
UT2004
HL2
HL2 Deathmatch
Doom 3
Unreal Tournament

Back