• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

what's low profile graphics card

godofdeath

Gawd
Joined
Dec 13, 2009
Messages
513
Hey I just saw someone say they had a low profiles graphics card, and I checked newegg.
It looks um, shorter, is that what they are?

Thanks
 
low profile are also known as half height cards. But yeah, basically they are just shorter cards for people with thin cases and the like.
 
More precisely, low-profile cards are narrower than regular cards.

Only if by "narrower" you mean "shorter". Max of ~2.5" tall for a low-profile ("half-height") vs 4.2" tall for standard cards.

A lot of smallish business-class PC include a few "low-profile" PCI and/or PCI-E slots. I believe the format originally appeared in 2U rack-mount servers.

Be careful though. I've seen some "low-profile" video cards include only a standard-height backplate. They sold the low-profile one separately.

Here's the FAQ from the PCI website:
http://www.pcisig.com/news_room/faqs/#low_profile_pci


Awol
 
At any rate, the most power LP card on the market today is....

the gts250 LP from Sparkle Tech.
 
Back
Top