Whats going on with the 360, why have I sent 20 back in the last 2 weeks?

Could be plausible - a bad batch or shock damaged pallet(s) delivered to BestBuy/Walmart. The way shipping companies handle goods, nothing surprises me.

Assuming it's really happening of course.

You are 100% right, it is possible.

I'm just saying that one store, in one town, in one state, getting 10 broken Xbox 360s a week in it would mean that the problem is really 100x that in his area alone. That is an amazing figure.

I have had crap continual service from UPS, as recently as last month (see above). You don't see me starting flamebait threads like:

What's going on with UPS, why do the always lose packages?

Just because I have ass-like luck with UPS doesn't mean everyone else does. To me, UPS has an 80% failure rate but that doesn't mean the company does. I can name 20 people off the top of my head that can relay UPS horror stories....that doesn't make UPS bad or even mean that their service is bad.

Anyhow, I am chalking this up to flamebait and moving on. I suggest everyone else do the same...there will be another thread like this in no time anyhow, we can all move on to that one.

I have a few questions:

A.) Lousville is a UPS hub...meaning everyone's stuff goes through there. The fact that you see random 360 come through there isn't a mystery...if NO 360's came through there it'd be weird. Odd that you didn't realize you work at a UPS hub.

B.) The 360 repairs are shipped in a plain brown cardboard box. How in the hell do you even know it is a 360?? Phychic? Hell...X-ray vision.

C.) Could it be that the 20 a day you see are the SAME XBOX 360??? Think I'm kidding? Check out my recent luck with a 2 day UPS package:

http://www.****************************/ups_screwup.jpg

A) I work at a store, not the hub, so this is joe blow coming in off the street.

B) They all go to Texas to a repair warehouse, and they all have 3 day shipping which is rare, usually its ground or 1 or 2 day air for most shipping since ground gets to almost anywhere in the lower 48 within 4 days via ground, I have also packed quite a few.

C) Dude, you do not have to tell me how fucked up UPS is, I spent most of the day arguing with those bastards about a snafu on their part, because they didn't want to pay return shipping for a customer when their driver fucked up and delivered it to the wrong address.

All UPS stores are indivdually owned and operated, which means I get to deal with the fucktards at UPS more in a week than most of you all do in your entire lives. Most of the time I can't complain about them, but sometimes they put my blood pressure through the roof.

And this is far from flamebait man, I don't appreciate that remark, I was just wondering if others were having the problem, I was considering a 360 for a while, but this has given me pause.

Actually, we had a VERY warm spell for about 2 weeks, then it dropped to nut-shrinking cold for about a week. Looks like it'll finally balance out over the next few days.

Adam, what store do you work at?

I work at #2113 in the Gardiner Lane shopping center.

I work at #2113 in the Gardiner Lane shopping center.

Yep, I know where that one is.

Actually, UPS gets an amazing amount of stuff done properly. I challenge any of you to go into the Louisville hub and make heads or tails of any of it. You can't even imagine the volume of packages that go through there any given day. I worked the Hundred Weight line at Christmas a few years ago for some extra bucks. Insane. Actually, if you ship a very heavy package, it is less likely to be destroyed as it can't be overhand pitched to the next station. It's hard to believe even an anvil in a box could survive the treatment the smaller stuff gets.

Yep, I know where that one is.

Actually, UPS gets an amazing amount of stuff done properly. I challenge any of you to go into the Louisville hub and make heads or tails of any of it. You can't even imagine the volume of packages that go through there any given day. I worked the Hundred Weight line at Christmas a few years ago for some extra bucks. Insane. Actually, if you ship a very heavy package, it is less likely to be destroyed as it can't be overhand pitched to the next station. It's hard to believe even an anvil in a box could survive the treatment the smaller stuff gets.

LOL I remember my visit to the hub, kinda helped to explain the packing guidelines we have. :)

Well, there have not been any dash updates lately or anything like that so no real reason from MS that more should be bricking lately.

Personally I feel that there are a few reasons for repeat 360s failing for select people.
1) It is a plausable idea that the PSU may cause issues. Many that return their consoles for repairs do not get a new PSU, so they get their repaired console, plug it into the same PSU, and oops 3 Red. I know a few guys on XScene that have had repeat failures, then buy a replacement PSU from another guy on the forum and magically their 3 Red problem goes away :eek:

2) People put the 360s in hot places and treat them like past consoles. Well the 360 is not running on a P3 and we know that it has heat issues, so dont lay it on the carpet or shove it in a closed entertainment center. I love it when someone posts a pic of their 3 Red 360 sitting on the carpet by their tv...

3) There were some bad batches in the beginning. I talked to the head manager at my local Gamestop/EB about the failures and he said out of the few hundred they have sold they have only had 2 or 3 come back to them. I know that many handle the warranty claim through MS so the store would not see it, but Gamestop/EB also sells their own warranty which the manager said most people have bought with their 360 because of the rumoured issues, and still barely any have come back. This talk was all after I had purchased my gear so he was not trying to sell me on anything. I also had talked to a guy at Best Buy who said they had a lot come back broken in the beginning...

Now no need to flame me kiddies, I am just making some points based on what I have seen around the web and on XScene (one of, if not the, biggest xbox community on the web where a lot of people come to rant about 3 Red).

O, and I am one who likes UPS. I have had way more bad experiences with Fedex and USPS and I receive a ton of stuff through shipping services. It is amazing to think how any of them can get any packages to you on time though when you see their shipment centers :eek: . But as Steve said, we all have our unique experiences. ;)

Bottom line:
I have a 360, I use UPS, Fedex, DHL, Private Couriers, USPS, and I will continue to use them all.

You are 100% right, it is possible.

I'm just saying that one store, in one town, in one state, getting 10 broken Xbox 360s a week in it would mean that the problem is really 100x that in his area alone. That is an amazing figure.

I have had crap continual service from UPS, as recently as last month (see above). You don't see me starting flamebait threads like:

What's going on with UPS, why do the always lose packages?

Just because I have ass-like luck with UPS doesn't mean everyone else does. To me, UPS has an 80% failure rate but that doesn't mean the company does. I can name 20 people off the top of my head that can relay UPS horror stories....that doesn't make UPS bad or even mean that their service is bad.

Anyhow, I am chalking this up to flamebait and moving on. I suggest everyone else do the same...there will be another thread like this in no time anyhow, we can all move on to that one.

Oh I agree completely. See sig.

Anyhow, everyone who has had a 360 go bad knows that UPS drops the plain brown (empty) box at your door. You put your stuff in it, put the prepaid label on it and call UPS to pick it up from your house.

When I called to have my 360 warranty repaired, I talked to an indian guy who refused to send me a box and have them pay for it both ways. I had to take my 360 to the post office and send it myself. My friend's console was locking up and I told him I would call for him because I had all the information. I called, got someone who spoke perfect english and he told me that they would pay for it both ways. Just for shits and giggles, I called back a few times and said the same thing. 2 people told me that microsoft would pay the shipping and 3 told me I would have to pay for it. There's some major communication problems with their warranty outsourcing stuff.

I bet you see more now than before, because teh warranties are running out. :D

LOL I remember my visit to the hub, kinda helped to explain the packing guidelines we have. :)

I used to work at the UPS Hub in Austin TX. I'm always scared to ship anything as fragile as the X360 :p

Boy when those belts get backed up and boxes are falling from 20 ft heights... Makes me want to 1 day everything (they get sorted differently :D )

Microsoft 360 Warranty Statement said:
Free Shipping:
In the event your console needs to be returned to us for repair your shipping costs are free. We will immediately send you a postage paid container in which to send us your console, and we will pay for shipping charges to return your console to you.

We are committed to delivering an improved Xbox customer service experience for our Xbox 360 console customers, one that is faster, more efficient and includes shipping free of any charge. From our customer service representatives to our executive team, the entire Xbox team has made delivering on this commitment a top priority.

At the start they did this, then they stopped, now they are doing free shipping again....

You shouldn't be seeing people coming into the UPS Store needing to pack up a 360 anymore.

At the start they did this, then they stopped, now they are doing free shipping again....

You shouldn't be seeing people coming into the UPS Store needing to pack up a 360 anymore.

nope, its been all boxes this week, had 1 yesterday and 2 today, none on Monday though. I'm glad Microsoft is paying the shipping charges though, that is indeed the least they can do.

I will also state that some units are customer damaged. When it comes in smelling of cigarette smoke and beer or has a footprint in it, I know what that is.

nope, its been all boxes this week, had 1 yesterday and 2 today, none on Monday though. I'm glad Microsoft is paying the shipping charges though, that is indeed the least they can do.

I will also state that some units are customer damaged. When it comes in smelling of cigarette smoke and beer or has a footprint in it, I know what that is.

So you have your answer then? People in Kentucky are drop-kicking their 360s so they can send them back to Microsoft and get the Elite. End Thread.

So you have your answer then? People in Kentucky are drop-kicking their 360s so they can send them back to Microsoft and get the Elite. End Thread.

not all of them, most are brought in by guys my age that look well kept, and I doubt they would be beating the shit out of an expensive toy.

Back