What's 1g modules do you suggest?

Andrew_Carr

2[H]4U
I've decided that since WoW has consumed my life, and since I have nothing else to spend 240$ on, that I'll get 2gb of RAM and run it in dual channel. I don't know what to buy though :/

Can anyone suggest a good solution for me? The budget isn't very flexible, and I'd like to keep it under 200$ if that's reasonable, since then I could also get a cooler for my cpu and start overclocking.

I'm looking at this right now:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145505

I'd probably have to use a divider and I'm sure the latency will hurt, since I'll be going from 2-3-2-5 to god knows what, but it's pretty cheap and everyone usually suggests it for budget systems. Any comments that model in particular?

i would consider this.
http://www.crucial.com/store/PartSpecs.asp?imodule=CT12864Z40B&cat=RAM

i have seen things that indicate that the high density micron ram overclocks surprisingly well. how's 260mhz at 2.5-2-2 with 3.0v on a dfi sound to you? :D
(note, that was ballistix :p)

however, if you really want to keep the price down, you probably won't notice much of a difference between this and the cheaper corsair :cool:

(cf)Eclipse said:
i would consider this.
http://www.crucial.com/store/PartSpecs.asp?imodule=CT12864Z40B&cat=RAM

i have seen things that indicate that the high density micron ram overclocks surprisingly well. how's 260mhz at 2.5-2-2 with 3.0v on a dfi sound to you? :D
(note, that was ballistix :p)

however, if you really want to keep the price down, you probably won't notice much of a difference between this and the cheaper corsair :cool:

how did i know when i saw this thread and that eclipse was the last poster... that i knew the last post was going to be about crucial memory....

Eclipse... are we a bit of a Crucial !!!!!! much? ;)

I don't think it's that, I think it's more of getting more for what you pay for. Like, the chips OC higher, and I don't know. But Corsair sucks in that they have different timings for Intel and AMD, the Intel ones being better and the ones usually advertised.

Vapor1000 said:
Eclipse... are we a bit of a Crucial !!!!!! much? ;)
that and twinmos. for the value and overclocking you get, it's hard to beat the stuff :p

project has a good point though, and it's one of the reasons i don't particually like corsair

Eclipse. Man I need help too. I have decided that for what I need and want, i want 2 GB of ram in my system. Even if this means going intel :(

You know I want an X2 but I hate the memory controller crap.

What 1GB modules will do 250Mhz Cas 2 (or 2.5) - 2 - 2 - 8 - 1T?

Cost is not important. Voltage is not important. Thanks bud

Well, I won't be overclocking the cpu much unless I'm very lucky. I've got a newer winchester and a cheap gigabyte mobo, so my oc will probably be limited :/

I'm going to look at other value rams though. Maybe OCZ has some decently priced stuff. I'd consider Kingston, but I fear their prices will be considerably more expensive.

According to who? You? That doesn't mean anything. You have no definate proof.

To disprove this: Where does Giel have ram on newegg for ~$100 a pair of 512 sticks that can OC to about 240-250mhz at 2-2-2 timings? (memory in reference: TwinMOS SP).

at OCAU's forum someone was using 1GB modules with Hynix D43 chips at 240MHz 2.5-3-3 2.7V. In Europe those are under 200€/pair.

2-3-2-5 is pretty damn good for 1GB sticks. Of course, I would like to see a review of the sticks before I bought them for OCing purposes. Until then i'd go with a more "proven" 512 memory stick. (ie proven means a review site has done OC testing on it).

I found this with google:
CL 2-3-3-6 auf Intel Plattformen, CL 2.5-3-3-6 auf AMD Plattformen

I just need some ram that will do DDR500 (250MHz) Cas 2.5 - 2 - 2 - 10 - 1T

2x1GB I will be happy.... And It exists, but I just dont know... sigh

Back