What X570 mobo for 3700X?

c3k

2[H]4U
Folks,

I'm about to update an older i7-4790K to an AMD 3700X. I'd like to use the new(er) X570 design mobo for this build (future compatibility).

I see the MSI apparently uses a bad VRM design. Gigabyte has a high RMA. ASUS also has a high RMA (and they have the stupid flashing system LED when the machine is asleep).

No matter which way I look, it seems like I'm reading about a LOT of reliability issues on the X570 boards.

I'd like 3 M.2 slots; good ethernet (Intel NIC, maybe 2.5GB/s); and reliability.

Did I mention reliability?

My overclocking will be minimal. It's a 3700X.

I -will- be using 4x 16GB ram modules, for a 64GB total.

My budget is $200-300.

Give me some ideas...

Thanks,

Ken

My MSI board does not have bad VRM, it has a very good one to be honest. Also 3 M.2's, a 1GB and a 2.5GB ethernet, but was not below $300.

I think the ASRock X570 Taichi might meet your needs. I love mine and so far has been hiccup free.

I don't think the VRMs on MSI are bad just the cooling might be suspect. They have been running a little hotter than other boards in reviews.

I have an Asus X570-Pro Prime and it's a decent board for what it is. I also used the CH8 for a few months and it was good also. I don't know anything about the LED thing though.

Good to hear that MSI vrms are good. I'll have to dig into whatever review I read that gave me the idea that they're too hot because of some design decision.

ASRock Taichi: I hadn't thought about them. Thanks.

I see the MSI apparently uses a bad VRM design. Gigabyte has a high RMA. ASUS also has a high RMA (and they have the stupid flashing system LED when the machine is asleep).

False. Yes the CHEAP MSI boards have bad VRM but the ACE, Unify and UP have outstanding VRM.

The Gigabyte UD x570 for $120 shipped on newegg today gets my vote simply for cost

Otherwise the Asus Tuf or Gigabyte Aorous Elite are the two midrange bang for buck at $180ish

Back