What would you do in this awesome GPU situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would immediately run out and buy a lottery ticket.
Then I would sell them and buy a pair of Radeon 295x2's. :p

Last edited:
i'd just laugh in hysteria when you tried to SLI a pair and it continually flipped the breaker in any room you tried to plug in to.

May I be the 9th to say "cool story bra"

Well I checked the PhotoBucket account, they're definitely his pictures (its his account).
No duplicates found on Google.

I'd sell them all. They are not worth the extra over a $400-450 video card. In a few months there will be something faster for less money. It is a better investment to sell while they are worth something, and put the money towards future upgrades.

OP PLEASE fix the first post so people stop responding without reading anything else haha.

do people just not read posts or follow instructions? Half of this thread are moralists yammering on after his confession.

Well, you should contact Fedex, and they will be able to tell you where it came from.
And honestly, because of how fedex works, if the driver misdelivers a package it comes out of his paycheck. (Or at least that's what I was told).

If it was an error on part of the carrier and not the driver, then the driver doesn't get screwed, and they have insurance to cover this.
You may get a sternly worded letter from a legal department, but if it's delivered to you, it's a gift.

If it was an error on the part of the shipper, then legally they are yours to keep. Ethically, not so much.
I'd send them back and point to a titan-z as a reward :)

That's what I would do. On a related note I once had newegg ship two q6600's (i had ordered one), when I called them asking for them to send me
a shipping lablel, they told me to keep it.

had a simpler thing happen to me 5 or 6 years ago.. orded 2x2GB ram for a laptop and ended up receiving 8x2GB of ram, contacted the company i order them from and they just told me to keep them.. probably still have the other 6 laying around in a box some where..

As much as it would be difficult not to install one in my PC, the weight of guilt, knowing I'd have effectively stolen 12 top range GPUs wouldnt be worth it.

I'd contact FEDEX and live with a clear conscience, being a firm believer that one way or another you will get what you deserve in the end. Imagine being the employee who made that mistake, have they lost their job? Do they have a family? Think the butterfly effect and actually take a moment to consider the possible fallout of you keeping the cards..

I wouldn't think any less of you for keeping them, like I said that's one hell of a temptation for any PC enthusiast but I would resist the urge to keep them and give them back and be happy knowing that your are contributing to a decent society...

Sounds like someone was carding and your house was used as the drop. Knowing from experience. I also have experience with karma. I'd notify the dealer and have them look up who the cards belong to and how to proceed.

This.

And if this is the case I'd be more than happy to buy one off of you for my sons 3770k build.

Edit: now that I realize this is a fake thread this thread is full of gay.

Last edited:
Sounds like someone was carding and your house was used as the drop. Knowing from experience. I also have experience with karma. I'd notify the dealer and have them look up who the cards belong to and how to proceed.

Karma is just a label given to your conscience whenever you do something good or bad. It helps form your character. It only punishes or rewards you spiritually (if you believe in such things), not in a physical sense.

He isn't going to get hit by a car or something if he does the dishonest thing and keep em.

Keep two for myself.
Sell eight of them.
Give one to Goodwill.
Plant one during the spring to grow an Nvidia tree.

These threads are only funny because everyone skips to the end and never bothers to read the middle.

Picture one has 12 video cards in the box all in there crates and bubble wrapped..

Picture two shows the box with only 11 video cards, and a bubble wrapped titan on top. "There is a empty hole"

Picture 3 shows us putting the empty bubble wrap back in to the box and a unwrapped titan on top.

In picture 3, one of these 12 slots is a empty bubble wrap!

This has manged to confuse everyone lol.

These Video cards were purchased! And are not stolen, and they this is a "False story"

The fact that a troll post can now make the front page as "news" just made me lose a little bit of the long standing and deep respect I've had for 15 years for this site.

What is more hilarious is that people are still not reading the whole thread before posting shit about "send me two, lolol", "why did you open a shipment that was not yours", etc.

Like I said in my first post.

"This may or may not be True"

So no I have not done anything wrong. You don't have to ruin it.

And, no name was listed. IT was unclear, and torn off. So, it may have been for me. as a gift. I don't know.

This is transparent: you are conducting an experiment to find out if it's actually true, as Snowden discovered, that so long as it is photochopped properly (*cough*) most people will believe anything they're told. Absolutely anything.

You're on a roll, so here's my advice for your next move: send a "document" to an unknown but starving journalist in Lima, Peru (created in LibreOffice or Word), with more photochopped imagery and displayed in official-looking "secret NSA government typeface" that is convincingly rubber-stamped with the words "official" and "Top Secret" in several places, that says these Titans are, quote:

"NSA Supercomputers manufactured to give the government the ability to listen in on every cell-phone call made daily in the US by persons in the 13-year-old to 16-year-old age brackets."

Then sign it by hand with a flourish: Ed S.

Don't be worried that the ridiculous and nonsensical nature of the "information" might lead to skepticism because the opposite is in fact the truth. The more idiotic and unbelievable the claim is, the more the general public is apt to accept and believe it. The fact that it will be coming from "independent sources in Peru" simply adds both mystery and credibility. Ed knows, and you are to be congratulated for verifying his methods in such a convincing fashion. E Pluribus Unum, my friend, and Carpe diem (but don't actually eat the carp until supper.)

I would keep the package and wait for Fedex to come back looking for it.
unless they just left it sitting outside in my driveway and didn't have anyone sign for it. "What box?" :D Then all my pc's would be full of Titans!

It is funny people aren't reading the whole thread to know the full story.

Did your friend buy those cards to resale or to use? For the price you listed he could make a few bucks on them.

The correct response is, in order:

1. Attempt to find the guy that got hosed when the box wasn't delivered to his home.

2. If that attempt fails, FOLD LIKE YOU'VE NEVER FOLDED BEFORE! Fold for a cure, man.

3. If FOLDING isn't your bag, sell them on Ebay and donate a portion of the money to your charity of choice.

My strong sense of right and wrong would make me contact UPS and get them to return the package to the sender.
I'd hate to be responsible for that kind of theft. Accepting the package not knowing what it is would be understandable, but keeping it would be criminal.

Yes I would cry for the loss of all that gaming power, but I just don't think keeping something that isn't mine is right.

Okay, so here's the deal. Assuming they were legitimately delivered (correct address, correct name on the shipping label) in the U.S., there's absolutely nothing illegal about keeping them. Morally, however, there's an obligation to help rectify this situation as it's clearly a mistake on someone's part. This isn't like the old tape or CD clubs where they send you product first then expect you to pay for it (and this is why it's legal to keep products delivered to you in an unsolicited manner without having to pay).

If the package was not addressed appropriately, it was a bad idea to open the package to begin with. The appropriate thing to do would have been to either find the addressee (if known to the deliveree) and hand the package over directly or to contact the shipper to let them know of the mis-delivery and let them deal with it. Doing anything else could result in some pretty serious legal issues.

Ugh it stinks but I would try to contact the manufacturer or fedex and see if I could get the delivery straightened out. Someone spent a bunch of money ordering those cards would be to much like stealing to keep them. I would be very tempted though.

The fact that a troll post can now make the front page as "news" just made me lose a little bit of the long standing and deep respect I've had for 15 years for this site.

I thought you would have gotten the stick out of your ass after a decade here. Sorry a little bit of fun eludes you.

I'd lookup the owner or dealer and try to get them to the correct person. Karma is a bitch, and I've accidentally had things shipped to the wrong address before. Would probably restore someone's faith in humanity, unless they're scamming in which case....

Let me just say here to some of the stuffier individuals. OF COURSE IT IF NOT TRUE THAT HE GOT THESE BY ACCIDENT! Are you dense enough to buy that? He would not put it on a publicly trafficked computer hardware forum that is visited by tons of NVIDIA employees otherwise.

e5a4_bazinga_hoodie.jpg

I'm lame:

Contact the shipping service, tell them the date and time of the delivery. They should be able to get the tracking number and thus the shipper. From there you can return them.

For the people saying to contact UPS that is not going to help shit as FedEx is the one that sent the package.
For the people saying to contact FedEx that is not going to help shit as this was a legitimate package that was ordered by a friend of his and it was delivered properly.

Can we get a tl;dr version?

It's a shame that this is the only active thread here recently.

Maybe we need to have another big Mantle argument?

Can we get a tl;dr version?

It's a shame that this is the only active thread here recently.

Maybe we need to have another big Mantle argument?

It really does not take long at all to get to the post that unveils what this thread is all about.

Legally you can keep it.
Morally there is a problem but an honest effort to locate the correct owners would solve this, either you find them or you don't.
There is a third option if your morals are not so easily bruised. You have a bit coin mining rig in the making, The shipment should have been insured at that cost, the intended recipient shouldn't be out anything, the retailer should be covered by their insurance, the real loser here is probably the shipper. You could offer to compensate them for their losses from your bit mining profits, or they can just eat it, their choice.

Whatever you chose to do, you are only at risk of not being able to live with yourself so do what feels right.

And that'll be thirty Hail Marys :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back