What would a real water cooling setup, better than H50 run me?

That depends largely on the radiators you use. If you use large radiators, or lots of them, then you can cool more with less noise. If you have smaller radiators, then it'll create more noise. Whether or not it makes more noise than stock setups depends on the size of the radiator used. For example, attempting to cool a GTX 580 SLI setup with a 2x120 radiator will require some loud and noisy fans pushing lots of air, but cooling it with 2 3x120 radiators will only require near silent fans.

So im back to considering this.

I just recently sold my 700w corsair PSU and will sell my H50 to recoup some costs. This will allow me to pay only half of what the XPSC system will cost.

Do I go with the Rasa 240? or with the 360. My case would require me to either one on the outside. That part doesnt bother me.

How much maintanence does a water cooling kit require? is it set up and forget? or do I have to invest more money into it over time.

aslong as you only use distilled water with a killcoil or additive, with periodic topoffs, you can go a year or more.

Water cooling is not a budget hobby. There are partial caveats to this with budget, dead-simple addition of the Corsair H50/70, and the XPSC Rasa CPU-only kit, but if you want to cool a CPU and multiple GPUs you are easily talking about $500.

If you are going to build a water cooling loop you need to go all out and go for gpu cooling as well.

My loop took off an extreme amount of heat from my GTX470.

Before loop with stock MSI GTX470 air cooling.
stockcoolingfurmarkgtx470.JPG

Loop in efftect with 5 hours of furmark and temps look great.

FurryDonutStableH20.jpg

The block by Aquatuning.

Wow SonDa5,

Those results are pretty sick! But at the rate I upgrade my videocards lol I dont know. This would be to cool my CPU. My 6970s (6950s unlocked and OC) are on air cooling.

Wow SonDa5,

Those results are pretty sick! But at the rate I upgrade my videocards lol I dont know. This would be to cool my CPU. My 6970s (6950s unlocked and OC) are on air cooling.

Not that hard to swap cards and water blocks. A well planned "real" water loop gives you options to cool all your hardware IMO. If you are going to build a water loop you might as well consider all your critical hardware for optimum cooling and performance.

Not that hard to swap cards and water blocks. A well planned "real" water loop gives you options to cool all your hardware IMO. If you are going to build a water loop you might as well consider all your critical hardware for optimum cooling and performance.

Thats very true. Ill keep it in mind. We will see how much money I can raise up.

is there any H50 mods that I can do to improve cooling?

Don't bother with H50 mods. Pretty much the only thing you should bother doing with it is putting fans in push/pull, or using higher speed fans. The pump is crap for anything besides the single 120 they use (although some have used it with 2x120 radiators).

Thats very true. Ill keep it in mind. We will see how much money I can raise up.

is there any H50 mods that I can do to improve cooling?

Shrouds. Get 2 olds fans, cut out the center/fan part so you are left with a plastic ring and put these between the fan on both sides. Oh and fit a second fan if you haven't. This improves the cooling to some degree (as with most radiators).

I have a question in my corsair 600T where i want to put the rad i cant run a pull push config. Will that make a big diffrence? Thanks

Depending on the fans you run and how hot your processor gets, the difference can be anywhere from 1 C to 10 C. Or maybe even more (although very unlikely).

That card needs to be over clocked.

It runs at 900mhz core no problem. At 900mhz core stays in mid 40C area under full load of most regular benchmarks and games. Great card that is even greater with water cooling.

Runs perfectly stable at 920 with nice temps. As soon as I go a hair of 920 it falls apart. Think I need a better bios. Heat is not a problem.

Kombuster benchmark at 920mhz core with temperature information as well.

http://www.ozone3d.net/msi_kombustor/score_200.php?id=7490

High Res Kombuster Benchmark
http://www.ozone3d.net/msi_kombustor/score_200.php?id=7492

Last edited:
Depending on the fans you run and how hot your processor gets, the difference can be anywhere from 1 C to 10 C. Or maybe even more (although very unlikely).

If i got new fans that were better then the stock and clocked the cpu at like 3.8ghz or maybe 4ghz? Would that be ok? What would my temps might be?

No way to know until you try it out. Louder/higher RPM fans will give you better temps at the expense of noise. Get slower spinning fans than stock, and your temps will probably rise, but your system will be quieter. Best noise/performance ratio fans are the Gentle Typhoons.

Back