• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What will I get from Thermaltake?

narsbars

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Jan 18, 2006
Messages
3,326
Just RMAed a nearly 5 yr. old Toughpower 700 PS. Cost from the egg at that time $149.00.
What do you think they will send? I am afraid they will send some bottom feeder 700 instead of the same product line. Anyone have any experience?
 
warranties cover getting a similar performance item back, not a similar priced item back. They will give you back something in the same power range, with similar amperage and efficiency ratings.
 
We take really good care of anyone with an RMA Item.

If we do not have the s same item we will give you one of equivalent performance and sometimes even an upgraded part depending on stock.
 
Thank you tt-enthusiasts, I will be reporting back to the forum to let you know. The unit ran fine for five years, ran every generation of MB, Vid card and CPU, finishing up on an AMD 965 with a 7850.
I will post what happens.
 
sure, and if you have any issues please let me know and i will do whatever i can to help.

Of course this does extend to all of you as I am always happy to help however I can :)
 
Thermaltake has really been good to me in terms of RMA/Support. A few years ago, I got a used TT case off someone here in the forums and they didn't send me the keys or the proprietary drive cage screws. I wrote TT an e-mail and they sent me an accessory pack for the case for nothing.

I also had a Toughpower 700W die on me and they sent me a brand new one including a new modular cable kit.
 
The Thermaltake rep. dropped me a line here. I will be reporting back. I got 4 1/2 years of flawless service, a good RMA will be icing on the cake.
 
We try to do whatever we can to help everyone out... Im glad you had an awesome experience thats what our team strives for.
 
Update: Thermaltake replaced the nearly fiver year old unit I sent in with a gold standard 750 watt with far better specs. They did it fast and without any issues. Tested the unit and it works perfectly with an 8350 and a 7950.
Thanks to Thermaltake for quick customer services.
 
I will also give credit to thermaltake for their warranty service.

Seriously they are pretty down to earth and pretty quick.
 
Hey Guys,

Thank you for the kind words, I am glad they got you taken care of. My guys in the Customer Service team are very good people, and I am proud that their personalities have reflected so well on all of you.

Now that your PSU is back in service get back to gaming and enjoying your PC :)
 
Even better!! MIsread the box, I got an 850 gold standard, and it works perfectly. Got confused as I had just ordered another Pwr. Supply.
 
Back
Top