• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What was your First PC?

Some old DOS machine with 8MB of RAM. I don't know what it was, but it played Wolfenstein 3D :D Nazi-fraggin' fun at the age of 4; How can you lose?
 
A Compaq Presario, P1 133 I think, 24 MB EDO RAM, 2.5 Gig hard drive, Windows 95 glory
 
My biggest question to date is why my Pentium 75Mhz ran everything including doom slower than my friends 486 - 66Mhz

Same specs other than the processor, both packard bells with 16MB of ram etc etc
 
USMC2Hard4U said:
My biggest question to date is why my Pentium 75Mhz ran everything including doom slower than my friends 486 - 66Mhz

Same specs other than the processor, both packard bells with 16MB of ram etc etc
could be a number of things.. most likely the chipset, or possibly just that the 486 was more effcient than the Pentium, while the Penitum could scale higher. everything equal, a PII would beat a PIII, PP would beat a PII, ect..
 
Commodore 64. 286, 486, Pentium, PII, PIII, Athlon, P4, Athlon 64 FX, Athlon 64.

Got to love thosee C64 cassette tapes, those were cool. :cool:
 
Cassettes were the worst idea and invention ever...

For everything... Audio / Video / and Data.... ewww

I cant wait till my grand kids (note im only 20 now) come up to me with a DVD and go "what the hell is this thing, do you eat it?"
 
CRXican said:
Packard Bell, it was 50mhz I believe.

Speaking of Packard Bell, I saw new Packard Bell notebooks while I was in Hong Kong. Anyone know who owns PB now?
 
BillLeeLee said:
Speaking of Packard Bell, I saw new Packard Bell notebooks while I was in Hong Kong. Anyone know who owns PB now?
who cares, those computers were shit... at least the one i had was...
 
The first that I personally owned was this.

Pentium 166 w/ MMX
32 Mb RAM
1.7 Gb HDD
4Mb ATI Rage II video
Sound Blaster AWE64
USR 33.6 kbps modem

It rocked at the time. I donated it to my parents and they just replaced it around christmas...with another one of my old rigs.
 
Atari ST, Amiga 500, Commodore Vic20, and Tandy Trash80.
 
Commodore 64, but that didn't hold my interest for long....didn't mess computers until I got a Tandy 2500SX/20...a real screamer :p
 
My first one was a commodore 64, then an apple llgs, then amiga 1000, then amiga 500, then i started out with the current generation PC's from the time they were like 10mghz and up...
Out of all the old computers, i think i miss the amiga 500 the most...For it's day it was a great graphics computer and gaming machine.
 
The first system I had was a 386sx 8 or 20 mhz, 2mb ram, 120mb hd, 512k 2d video, 5 1/4 and 3 1/2 floppy, no cdrom, modem, or sound card lol. Eventually my dad got a Sound Blaster 8 bit sound card for it. First computer i used was a Commador 64 when i was in school.
 
Back
Top